Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Vmax j hook rotors, ebc redstuff pads. Oooh she stops well and I haven’t even tried yet.

Run out at rotor edge is about 0.04mm which is well inside spec anyway, zero issues when braking, suspect with wheels on, studs torqued to 140Nm, she pulls in straight anyway.

Not even halfway bedded in yet, will get better :)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Vmax j hook rotors, ebc redstuff pads. Oooh she stops well and I haven’t even tried yet.

Run out at rotor edge is about 0.04mm which is well inside spec anyway, zero issues when braking, suspect with wheels on, studs torqued to 140Nm, she pulls in straight anyway.

We didn't even know it was moved from the side of the road. Congrats!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Did you put them on back to front?

More a C than a J

;)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Did you put them on back to front?

More a C than a J

;)
The redstuff pads come with a knarly coating so there are no concerns with new pads on new rotors touching a stationary rotor. But JFC it’s like 40 grit sandpaper on glass the first time you use them.

Found two caliper bolts barely tight . Bloody mechanics.......

The RHS rotors feature a J. Rotors are directionally labelled. AP and Brembo have lovely documents showing which way to orientate too.

No hard application for at least 100km of urban usage mr ebc states.

Bleeding fluids next weekend hopefully after I swap rear rotors and pads.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Mate picked up his brand new Forester this morning. Must be literally a few weeks old, he bought it when it was still on the boat.

And they're parking it for a week or two with the windows open and continuing to drive their old car - pregnant wife cant handle the new car smell!

Maybe i shouldn't have sent him the article with what all the chemicals are - theyre both scientists too and know how bad they are....

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Mate picked up his brand new Forester this morning. Must be literally a few weeks old, he bought it when it was still on the boat.

And they're parking it for a week or two with the windows open and continuing to drive their old car - pregnant wife cant handle the new car smell!

Maybe i shouldn't have sent him the article with what all the chemicals are - theyre both scientists too and know how bad they are....
VOC’s really are nasty. I have zero tolerance for them now with my health issues. Same with mould. 10 mins in a water damaged building, and I’m suffering from drunk/flu like symptoms for days.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ssshhhhhhh.....everything's going to be fine.

In other news, my new safety word is head gasket
If it's been looked after you shouldn't have many issues, I would service the cooling system and use genuine coolant, 9 times out of 10 it's dipshits cooking them that causes the problems. I worked in a shop that done mechanical work for an engine machinist, and I'd only seen a couple of cars that had the issue of blowing a head gasket with the machining problem of the cyl heads, all the rest was owner neglect.