Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Fuckwit lawyers, pretty sad country when you can copyright a name.

I know Rolls Royce used to come after you, if you modified one of their cars and kept the badges on.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fuckwit lawyers, pretty sad country when you can copyright a name.

I know Rolls Royce used to come after you, if you modified one of their cars and kept the badges on.
There was a guy in Victoria who made a Silver Shadow ute back in the day who got a few rude letters from Rolls. It was his own car and he did it for his own use, but they still got shitty. Idiots...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
An old video but one of the best car videos ever:

Some here may not have seen it. I just wanted to watch it again, reminding me of what it was like back when I wasn't so CC educated...

Watch all of it - up to the last second.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Got stuck into the audi today and gutted it. Trailer full of bits we no longer need!

Lots and lots of VW branding on the bits you cannot see!!!! Yes I know they are all wobblies under the skin. Another lounge chair to go in that and some other bits that are on the ground at the moment.

The all singing all dancing electric lounges in the front have the most ridiculous mounts I have ever seen.

The frame looks like a chicken wishbone with a threaded bar underneath that is screwed back and forwards from the front to adjust position. No way of mounting the spare harness to that arrangement. The floor is pathetically thin in the wrong places and that stupid motor means no crotch belt. Luckily we can get away with normal seat belts in the sprints so that is what we will use.

Still cannot get over this arrangment relying on a motor at the front and some wheels in runners at the back!

Dropped about 300kg though so that will help. Front seats are maybe 50kg each and the rear more. CD changer and subs and speakers in the boot were about 15kg. I need to post a pic of the spare tyre. Will do tomorrow.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Spent a few hours on the drivers seat in the audi this morning. Had to keep the electric fore and aft adjustment working and also check the engine would run and not go into limp mode as I edited the wiring harness...

Tedious but not as onerous as I thought yesterday. And yes @pink poodle the welds are average. This is put together for maybe 3 sprints before being stripped so my care factor was low.

A bit of dicking around. The original seat is not in line with the steering wheel or cluster (how often is this the case!) and I had a couple of goes at getting the seat straight while over as far as possible to correct the misalignment. If the lounges you simply didn't notice it but get a tight fitting seat and it becomes painfully obvious.

Drives ok. Did a few laps of the yard and my private race track. Still gutless but it sounds so good and it is happy to four wheel drift after a bit of handbrake.

edit. forgot to post the pic of the spare. Would have been interesting if it went 'pop' while someone was driving. Could explain the brown leather in the front seats.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The audi has some air con preconditioning system in operation. No idea how to turn it off because the display is scrambled. This kills the battery. I disconnected the main battery and charged it overnight. Removed tge charger this morning to top up the fiesta battery and the preconditioning fan is still running with no battery. Fucking thing is possessed, no wonder it was cheap.