Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Flow-Rider

Burner
REVENGE OF GODZILLA. Brilliant. Try and ban this one ya sooks *awaits ban stick to be applied by CAMS*

I'm surprised it still seems to be as healthy as it is, TV viewing rates for Bathurst last year were huge, but in person attendance has been declining (significantly more for the second biggest race on the calendar at Adelaide). But as you say it's a two horse race and one of the horses is dead. I don't get it.
I've driven a few proper rb32 GTRs, they still hold a big place in my heart. ;)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
FIFY.

“I understand the concerns with safety and complications with the speeds but when you are running a car based on a stock Nissan driven by a very ordinary driver trying to compete with space frame cars weighing much less against much more talented operators, it's a game that becomes unattractive to me.”
I'm reading that as Motorsport Australia want the car in the full blown custom built Sports Sedans where almost anything goes. I remember a V8 Magna getting around the place. But Ol Mate realises he's gonna be out gunned in terms of talent and doesn't want any one else driving his prized toy.

FIFY.
And dangerous for everyone else? No wonder he stuck it in the wall, maybe they should have hired a talented operator instead of old mate trying to drive it himself?
Probably, although there are plenty of plonkers in the lower classes too. Main difference being they don't have 1000+ neddies under their foot.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
I don't have anywhere else to ask this;

My dad just sold a car, got paid cash, signed papers and got a photo of the buyers ID that had matching details.
But the buyer asked him to wait the maximum 14 days to submit the vehicle disposal notice, to transfer the rego.
Why would they want that? I can't see the angle?

obviously nothing stops him doing it earlier, but does it matter?

andrew9

Likes Dirt
I will tell Dad to get it done tomorrow.
I was just trying to work out the scheme, like they have the same 14 days until they need to transfer the rego, regardless of when the seller puts their form in

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I don't have anywhere else to ask this;

My dad just sold a car, got paid cash, signed papers and got a photo of the buyers ID that had matching details.
But the buyer asked him to wait the maximum 14 days to submit the vehicle disposal notice, to transfer the rego.
Why would they want that? I can't see the angle?

obviously nothing stops him doing it earlier, but does it matter?
Yeah...don't wait. Don't wait at all.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I will tell Dad to get it done tomorrow.
I was just trying to work out the scheme, like they have the same 14 days until they need to transfer the rego, regardless of when the seller puts their form in
Drive through all the tolls and get the old man to pay for it?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Anyone know a good retailer for Recaro or Tillett race seats?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Does anyone know of a BMW diesel friendly mechanic in Canberra?

Colleague of Kirsty has a 2010 BMW X5 they've been quoted $12K from the dealer and $7K from a general non euro specific workshop for an injector problem...

I know the injectors are $500+ a throw, but i sense a rip off...

Why they bought an old beemer diesel suv as "a temporary car" on a whim is a different issue im staying out of...

Oddjob

Colleague of Kirsty has a 2010 BMW X5 they've been quoted $12K from the dealer and $7K from a general non euro specific workshop for an injector problem...

Why they bought an old beemer diesel suv as "a temporary car" on a whim is a different issue im staying out of...
I know some in Sydney. If it's genuinely that much the engine is a write off. It would be cheaper to get an engine from the wreckers.

Oddjob

No but watch out for fakes.
I'm looking at a Recaro Sportster CS or a Tillett B8 to get some more head room so I can wear a helmet for track days. Surprisingly the carbon/GRP Tillett is cheaper.

Any other suggestions of race seats that are low for the taller and wider gentleman?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I'm looking at a Recaro Sportster CS or a Tillett B8 to get some more head room so I can wear a helmet for track days. Surprisingly the carbon/GRP Tillett is cheaper.

Any other suggestions of race seats that are low for the taller and wider gentleman?

Cobra, we have one in the Fiesta. For the wider gentleperson. Not worried about airbags? CS has an airbag version but $45million.

Oddjob

Cobra, we have one in the Fiesta. For the wider gentleperson. Not worried about airbags? CS has an airbag version but $45million.
Not worried about airbags. Car already has curtain bags. Just need an extra 3-4cms for a helmet.

Thanks, will check out Cobra.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not worried about airbags. Car already has curtain bags. Just need an extra 3-4cms for a helmet.

Thanks, will check out Cobra.

Sparco too. Not sure about others. I looked at the CS but even with airbags local auto eng would not mod plate without manufacturer approvals!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

@link1896 might know..
Good call.