Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Flow-Rider

Burner
They're asking for it guys, :p .

When I used to drive my Xu1 as a daily driver, I had a fuckwit tailgate me in an old v8 jeep, after about the 3rd block I'd had a gut full and just put my foot down. Not long after that I heard sirens in the background, there was a copper following us and watching the whole show from behind. The copper asked why I had sped and I told him that I was being tailgated really closely, he acknowledged that he witnessed the whole event and told me not to do it again.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The peninsula is such a proper place.

Wait for a drive to the deeper darkest 'burbs......Bwahahaah.....
I just made the day of a p-plater in a XR6 Ute. I was in a 70 zone so gave it a tiny bit of throttle from the lights and the kid next to me just goes for it and zooms past me. I didn't get past 4k rpm or get the boost gauge into positive territory. Around the corner another p-plater got a good chirp out of his Holden Captiva when I was next to him at the lights.

Little did they know that earlier in the day I had a full code brown moment on the test drive when the guy from the importers floored the car. It's got a full GReddy cold air intake and exhaust system. Easily sub 3s 0-100s, and the guy reckoned 600hp. I'm not sure if he was taking the piss or not.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Oddjob

I should follow up on the R35. They are an amazing drive though a bit clinical feeling. Compared to the GT2 or GT3 RS's it was like a video game with minimal feedback but still thoroughly rewarding and immense ability. Unlike my drives of the porkers I did not push the R35 and maybe that is part of the feeling. But I wanted one. Especially after sitting in the Nismo version in the Nissan gallery in Ginza. Options we could only dream of were stock standard in that thing... But I would have the GT3RS any day of the week.
Well I can happily report that the R35 would not be a great daily driver. My car is pretty noisy, but even the stock ones are drony. The interior is very very workmanlike, not special at all, but it has Bluetooth, reverse camera and cruise control. The seats are not super uncomfortable but they also don't do a fabulous job of holding you in place. Rear seats are for kids only.

On the plus side, immense ability. I don't think I'm brave enough to do a full standing launch, even a rolling 2nd gear launch was very uncomfortable. There is road feel from the tyres but the steering is pretty dead. Not game to test the thrust vectoring on public roads. No turbo lag that I can detect, I've even had bumps make me inadvertantly blip the throttle and instantly gain 10kms/h. Would probably demolish everything this side of a 458 Speciale and GT3 RS on a track.

Oddjob

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
If I was in some sort of shonen manga, the GTR would be cracking jokes about me being in limp mode.

God Foot Kozo from Initial D would not be pleased.

Incredibly jealous.
DBB8D1E8-468E-4CF7-A340-EB483C7E017B.jpeg

For those who aren’t degenerates like us, this is the character he’s referencing.