Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

link1896

Is not a gynaecologist but will look at your fork
Was that with upgraded everything else in the drivetrain?

I remember a 30k ballpark for a 600 hp holden 383 stroker build, with geabox, diff and brakes!
Hehe, no.. This was just long engine parts with them machining and assembling. They have the skills to fab up the rest. The prices for big Garrett turbos are eye watering

link1896

Is not a gynaecologist but will look at your fork
Yet to get plugs out. That’s another hours fun.

Oh so typical subaru in every way. Turns over on a 600mm breaker bar with plugs in way too easy. Onto leak down testing.

Dales Cannon

The Olden Dazed
Staff member
So a mate in Scandinavia sent me a link for a Sport Quattro for sale down the road from him. You know the proper Quattro from 1984. Crazy cheap. So I started doing the sums of how much to get it here etc etc. Ad was in Norse or Danish or something. Anyway brain settled and I did a separate search and yes they are going for 500,000 and up. Hmmmmmm. Turns out it has been cobbled together and has no pedigree. Not even a real Quattro of any model. Sort of declared in the ad, sort of.

:(

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
happy days! Black Fridays delivered, Billet oil pump gears and backing plate and a new Atomic HD timing chain kit. Now just to replace that shitty AF tail shaft with something that can handle the power! GJ drivelines here we come!

The Dude

Likes Dirt
So a mate in Scandinavia sent me a link for a Sport Quattro for sale down the road from him. You know the proper Quattro from 1984. Crazy cheap. So I started doing the sums of how much to get it here etc etc. Ad was in Norse or Danish or something. Anyway brain settled and I did a separate search and yes they are going for 500,000 and up. Hmmmmmm. Turns out it has been cobbled together and has no pedigree. Not even a real Quattro of any model. Sort of declared in the ad, sort of.

:(
Yep, lots of cut-and-shut jobs starting to get done now
Especially as some of these things are going for CRAZY prices
Delta S4 Stradale went for 400k-500k four years ago. Two years ago one sold for 1m+