Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Those things were a handful!
They were indeed, and it wasn't the power. When I first rode one I was shocked at how mellow they were. The power delivery was nothing like the KTM 250s we were riding at the time (and maybe even less peak power). What really made them exciting to ride was the woeful suspension / handling.

Nice resto job though.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Anyone know what might have 4x100 steel wheels in 17 inch…?
The 17" is probably the stretch here.

Also (and this is a pet hate of mine and you're probably already all over this) but while the PCD (eg 4 x 100) and offset are important when fitting different wheels, the MOST important measurement is the center bore diameter. I don't know of any car produced in the last 30 years that has the weight supported or wheel located by the studs/bolts. It's the center bore/hub interface that does all of the aligning and although you can literally bolt up any wheel with the right PCD, if the center bore isn't right it is a f*up waiting to happen.

Haakon

Call me Ken, whoreken
The 17" is probably the stretch here.

Also (and this is a pet hate of mine and you're probably already all over this) but while the PCD (eg 4 x 100) and offset are important when fitting different wheels, the MOST important measurement is the center bore diameter. I don't know of any car produced in the last 30 years that has the weight supported or wheel located by the studs/bolts. It's the center bore/hub interface that does all of the aligning and although you can literally bolt up any wheel with the right PCD, if the center bore isn't right it is a f*up waiting to happen.
Yep, have searched high and low on the interwebs with no joy. Plenty of alloy options, but no steelies. and of course Renault uses their own 60.1mm centre bore - so anything needs to bored out or sleeved...

Apparently trailers dont use the centre bore though and are centred in the bolts.

Scotty675

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode a mate's Maiko enduro back in the day, my memory seems to think it was a 360 but I also rode a Pursang which was probably where the 360 comes from. It wasn't wonderful.
I will never forget my first ride on a 490. It was a full body shaking experience with an head stinging noise. Very powerful machine. I tried to buy it off my mate 2 weeks after riding it but he just wouldn’t sell. Would be hard to find one for sale these days

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Back to the track - first day in 6 years, loved it!

The car has been 'retired' for a while now and I've just been enjoying it as a street car. My friend just recently picked up this Exige 410 and dragged me back. Was super fun racing with him, two completely different cars that achieve similar results on track.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

The car has been 'retired' for a while now and I've just been enjoying it as a street car. My friend just recently picked up this Exige 410 and dragged me back. Was super fun racing with him, two completely different cars that achieve similar results on track.

Holy shit, that's sexy as. What motor?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Great photos.

Mate in Adelaide has an EK VTEC 1.6 track car that he's poured a lot of time, love and defection notices into.