Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Ok, brains trust time. Megane had the symptom of a bad PCV diaphragm - poor stumbling idle and a massive crankcase vacuum so it was quite hard to pull off the oil cap while running.

Uses the same sort of valve used in a lot of european cars.

New valve, no change. Old valve popped open and put back on with the cover off and the diaphragm is good and gets pulled shut just fine - so its restricting the crankcase vent feed, but still pulling a massive vacuum on the crankcase. wtf?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ok, brains trust time. Megane had the symptom of a bad PCV diaphragm - poor stumbling idle and a massive crankcase vacuum so it was quite hard to pull off the oil cap while running.

Uses the same sort of valve used in a lot of european cars.

New valve, no change. Old valve popped open and put back on with the cover off and the diaphragm is good and gets pulled shut just fine - so its restricting the crankcase vent feed, but still pulling a massive vacuum on the crankcase. wtf?
View attachment 373701
Just burn the car already.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Just burn the car already.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Getting close... although right after that i checked again and crankcase vacuum is ok, i was tricked by resistance of the o ring on the oil cap. This day just keeps getting better.

Ill get another manifold, and if its not that its an ECU problem.

stirk

Burner
If its a machine, it gets the best of care here. The car's last owner treated it badly, maybe it was looking forward to oblivion and feels like its DNR wishes were not respected...
Are you haaking my YouTube feed?

Stumbled on this one, likely because I watch rally vids but I'm suspicious....

This would be the only Renault I'd want to own, or would it own you....

Haakon

Keeps on digging

The thing to remember is that this isn’t really an aberration for Renault, it’s just an extreme example of what all Renaults are about. Most of them are slower than this, and many are more focused on mundane things like moving humans around - but all of them have certain je ne sais quoi (sorry...) that totally is in company with the Renault sport editions.

Haakon

Keeps on digging

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Scenics are cool. They invented a whole vehicle segment that was very popular in Europe before the suv phase... Doesn’t have to fast to be cool ;)
I had a Scenic RX4, was a great car. Packaging and ergonomics were second to none. Daughter had a later Scenic and it was equally great. Showed what was achievable in a relatively small package.