Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Gyeon MOHs + but only on the wheels and calipers this time. Easy and good result. Out of the sun was the only requirement as well as not driving for 24 hours or was it 36? Something like that.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The hybrid ceramics aren’t super susceptible to dust, but ideally you want to apply and cure in a dust free environment.

Build a slaughter room for the ute? Wet the concrete to keep dust down

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
An R5 Turbo is high on the list of lotto win purchases...
When I moved to London I was convinced I was going to buy a ClioV6 or R26R to bring back to Aus. At the time there were examples of both around for £20~25k. Notwithstanding that I soon learned I would hardly have any disposable income at all much less enough to buy a collectors car, I really wish I'd found a way :(

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Jeep was towed behind a large motor home and accidentally left in gear.
Would have been quite the show to be following him (at a safe distance) when it let go!
Since they drive on the right (wrong?) side of the road, it would have hit the deck and then likely taken off stage left in front of any oncoming traffic. :oops:
Wonder how long the #5&6 pistons stayed attached, be pretty scary to see a spinning clutch/flywheel/crank & 2 pistons come flying out from under there like Taz from Looney Tunes.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
When I moved to London I was convinced I was going to buy a ClioV6 or R26R to bring back to Aus. At the time there were examples of both around for £20~25k. Notwithstanding that I soon learned I would hardly have any disposable income at all much less enough to buy a collectors car, I really wish I'd found a way :(
I was there in 1999 back when there was no time limit on owning it in europe to import as a personal import, but i didnt realise how easy it would have been to pick up an Alpine and bring it home for bulk profits... Doh ....

I still regret not bringing home the reno 21 wagon we drove and camped in all over europe for 6 months. it was worth nothing but had massive sentimental value...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have gone through the same process with an Esprit or a Caterham 7 on the list among other things like early M3s which at the time were all reasonable value. Not so sure any more.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
My mate's mate in the UK sent these through.
Hot hatch! Looks a bit like the old Mazda 323 BFMR (80s rally homologated edition). Although Ford also had the TX3 turbo - which suits the cossie donk. But rear end looks a bit longer for some reason. (Maybe just bodykit, but tiny photo doesn't help). Could also be any other type of boxy 80s/early 90s hatch...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
XR2 Fiesta, normally na fwd. He has done a few. If I think right that YB engine is from an RS500 Sierra and would have had a T34 turbo, who knows though, paint is easy to do. He mid engined one with a zetec driveline from a Focus.

Don't forget the YB Cosworth sits on a Pinto block....