Sold [PRICE DROP] 2018 Santa Cruz 5010 XL Frameset & Fox 34 Fork

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Item(s): 2018 Santa Cruz 5010 V2 Size XL with Fox DPS Factory shock, Fox Factory 34 forks (130mm travel/reduced 37mm offset), and Work Components -1 degree headset.
Item Condition: Very good overall. Only negative is a rub mark above drive-side rear drop-out. Happened about 3 rides into me owning the bike when I dropped a chain. It rubbed the paint off and slightly scuffed the clear. I rode it for a year after that and it hasn't changed since, and you can't actually see the mark when the wheel & casette is installed unless you really go looking for it. Frame has had an Invisiframe kit applied when new (still installed), and as to be expected some of the frame skin now shows a few scuff marks from heels and knees and so on from general use (no other damage). Frame should be as-new underneath.
Reason for selling: Surplus to requirement, builds into too good a bike to not get ridden!
Price and price conditions: $1800
Extra Info:
New headset bearings. Comes with spare derailluer hanger. Stock geo chart here (frame currently has a -1 degree headset installed): https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/files/screen_shot_2017-08-24_at_1.55.33_pm.png
Pictures:

Attachments

Last edited:

beeb

It's a 'Burner bagain, otherwise (and I loathe to do it) I'll have to put it on facebook.

IMO - @Mr Crudley needs to take a chance on it. ;)

beeb

You aren't making this any easier :) I would need platform MTB shoes and a bit longer arms. I'm good for the first one but an arm extension is a tough one.

I would look good on that fine steed too.
Both my mates that ride medium size biked with <40mm stems got on it and went "Hmm, this doesn't really feel much bigger" - and that was with a 50mm stem on the 5010. ;)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Both my mates that ride medium size biked with <40mm stems got on it and went "Hmm, this doesn't really feel much bigger" - and that was with a 50mm stem on the 5010. ;)
I have a 40mm on the TRc in Large and it is sized. Based on the stats, I would have to ride a compare as tempting as it sounds.
On paper, they do seem a bit different.