Premium fork service Melbourne recommendation

acads

Likes Dirt
Burners, not after a lowers service, looking for some help for a shop to completely go through this fork like something NSD/MBSC do. Happy to send interstate but would prefer local.

It's a new Sid 35 (select +) that has minimal small bump compliance, it's difficult to set the sag consistently and has the hall marks of the bushings being a little out of sepc/round. Once the fork gets moving the mid stroke travels freely, I've played with all settings, air tokens, pressures with little change unless big swings are taken (ie 50psi for a 80kg rider). I've had the lowers serviced and SKF seals fitted which made a big difference for a few rides then returned back to normal. Ideally I'm looking for a shop with a burnishing tool or experience on the air side to help sort this out.

The local LBS has been good but this is a little out of their wheel house, googling/searching hasn't produced what I'm looking for.

Thanks Adam

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Dont forget the Cyclinic lollipop or jelly beans :D

RockShox are replacing those forks on warranty. Its very random issue as not all forks are affected.

When I got my Spur, a bloke I know bought one of the other 3 available Deore bikes. His is a large in Black Powder (grey) and within a month, RockShox had to replace his fork for bushing play.
These are the same Select forks yet I have no issues after 600km+.
I did notice that my forks were getting sticky, I dropped the lowers and they was no oil in there. I now have Supergliss 100 in there and they are really nice.

acads

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the feedback gents, much appreciated. The SID 35 is a nice fork, most are good out of the box but a few have a similar trait as the one I've got.

acads

Likes Dirt
Spoke with Travis, knows his suspension and has a good idea of what the issue might be. Will be a couple of weeks until he can squeeze me in, thanks for the recommendation.

Tekin was great, until he wasn't.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Just on this.... my DVO Onyx took a good 10-15hrs of riding to break-in. Might just need some time..

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
What ever happened to Tekin? Throw back to the old days..
Wish it was still around. Changed hands a few times. Brad was/is a great dude but had a few things on his plate and had to shut up shop.

acads

Likes Dirt
Update, Trav got hold of the Sid's this morning and called within half an hour. Lower bushing are shot, uppers not much better. It's the worst example he has seen from the Sid35's.

He will take care of it and send straight to SRAM for warranty replacement, good news is they have them in stock so thumbs up to SRAM in holding the spare parts.

Adam

acads

Likes Dirt
For closure, I can recommend Travis for the Melbourne team. The word "Plush" and "Supple" can now be used when describing this fork, what a change. SRAM fitted new lowers (Ultimate's which may have a better bushing according to them) but I got Trav to pull them apart again to check. They didn't bother to service the air spring or Charger 2.0 damper (I was hoping they would slot in the race day version) so he completed that part also.
I had been fighting this fork from day one, so to get a result is nice, but they way the bike rides and turns is next level. I got him to change the rear shock valving at the same time as it was a harsh riding bike, much better and hopefully stays like this for a while.