Post your wicked BANSHEE thread....

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m running a large and love it. I’m only 172cm so should be on a medium. With a 35mm stem I feel at home on it ( did run a 31mm stem for a while).I seem to adapt quickly though as I also happily ride v1 bronson still.
Same height here, mine was a large and fit like a glove.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Same height here, mine was a large and fit like a glove.
Reading this, realised I'm 5'8", 173cm. Goes to show that different people have different preferences, and fit requirements. Richie Rude is a full 10cm taller than me, but still rides a medium because that's the fit he prefers.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
How does the paradox ride compared to a steel HT? also, are you guys running the paradox as 27.5+ or 29er?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Thanks folks! Very tempted now to upgrade my meta HT to paradox. Question is, whether I order new or wait for a 2nd hand one to turn up...

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks folks! Very tempted now to upgrade my meta HT to paradox. Question is, whether I order new or wait for a 2nd hand one to turn up...
I looked for a second hand medium on and off for the last 12 months. No luck. Found a few larges, including one for sale on Rotorburn. I just bought 3 weeks ago from @Litenbror a TI copy of one in a "medium". slightly longer reach, 450 v 443. The rest is nearly identical. At 173/5'8", after my first ride today feels good.
I spoke to Rushies a couple of weeks ago and he said end of July they should have stock. I suggest, if you really want one, ring him up and order a new one. Good luck!

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The prices have increased significantly from launch unfortunately. Depends on how quickly you want it and availability I think. Either way, they're a lovely ride. Mine is criminally underused....

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I looked for a second hand medium on and off for the last 12 months. No luck. Found a few larges, including one for sale on Rotorburn. I just bought 3 weeks ago from @Litenbror a TI copy of one in a "medium". slightly longer reach, 450 v 443. The rest is nearly identical. At 173/5'8", after my first ride today feels good.
I spoke to Rushies a couple of weeks ago and he said end of July they should have stock. I suggest, if you really want one, ring him up and order a new one. Good luck!
Cheers mate. I saw his facebook post about a month ago saying paradox are due in 8 weeks (from then). So end of July is about right. I bought my rune from him about 2 years ago, top bloke. Banshee seems to be having lots of issues fulfilling orders as I ordered a spitty (yep I bloody did) about a year ago, and still haven't received it. So just have to weigh up the potentially extended waiting time for paradox if I decided to go with a new one.

The prices have increased significantly from launch unfortunately. Depends on how quickly you want it and availability I think. Either way, they're a lovely ride. Mine is criminally underused....
Yep just like everything else. Gone are the days of getting HT frames for 1k or so. I'm not in any rush as I have an arsenal of bikes to ride (and not enough time to ride them all), but am wary of prices going up and up and up even more in the future.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep just like everything else. Gone are the days of getting HT frames for 1k or so. I'm not in any rush as I have an arsenal of bikes to ride (and not enough time to ride them all), but am wary of prices going up and up and up even more in the future.
I remember wincing when I paid for mine, and I'd be absolutely dancing down the street paying that price now.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
humor me, whats the rrp for banshee frames these days? wasn't a paradox like 1250?

bought my rune v2 back in the day from mtbd for like $1700. Seems like they have fallen out of RB forum darling status after the the v3 frames were released and are now just RB approved :D

edit found pricing:

paradox $1.7k
rune and titan $4k
prime, spitty, phantom $3.9k

:(

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Seems like they have fallen out of RB forum darling status after the the v3 frames were released and frequently started cracking around the shock cage... :(
FIFY...?

General question to the Banshelites - Was it only prevelent on a couple of models? Or all across the range? Are newer ones better? Certainly seemed a shame given how generally over-engineered the bikes were otherwise...

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Well burners, I just put a deposit in for.... a banshee HT. Not paradox, but a limited edition 27.5 banshee HT called Enigma. According to Rushys, it's 27.5 version of paradox. Interestingly, there is going to be a small size, and I've gone for that. If you are interested, contact Rushys asap as he needs to lock in the order very soon.

My fleet will soon be all Banshee. My god..:eek:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
FYI, Rushys has a small v3.2 Spitty going for $2850 (down from $3990) if anyone is interested