Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

PJO

in me vL comy
Ooh fuck yeah!

What fork are you getting for it?

PS. Make sure you buy a spare hangar or two, they're sometimes hard to get.
Already have a 2018 RCT3 Lyrik set at 160mm.
It's pretty much ready to put together using borrowed wheels, will be the weekend job...
Rims for new wheels are already on order from Starbike, might take a month or two but I think I can keep the loaner wheels for a little while.

PJO

in me vL comy
Nice, the mmmbop still steers well on 160mm forks.
That was the length when I bought it, haven't found a use for it until today, did contemplate buying a new air spring but will see how he likes it with a 160mm fork first...
I figure it isn't going to make much of a difference, ride height at sag is only about 6-7mm different between a 150 and 160 fork.

edit: fork was second hand so have only had it for a few months, was a local bargain I couldn't resist and knew it would get used eventually.

PJO

in me vL comy
Totally forgot about this thread!

My latest contribution...
Waltly custom Pinion mullet thing

150mm Durolux
C1.12 Pinion
Shimano SLX 4pot with Uberbike rotors and pads

View attachment 381224
View attachment 381225View attachment 381226View attachment 381227
Looks amazing. I'm currently riding my Pipedream Moxie as a mullet with 29x2.3" DHF and 27.5x2.6" Disector. So far so good.
What's the head angle on this beast??

My only disappointment is the lack of @wkkie's traditional green uberbike rotors...

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
What's the head angle on this beast??

My only disappointment is the lack of @wkkie's traditional green uberbike rotors...
Ha, the green rotors are still about and may make another appearance down the track depending on other purchases in the future.

The head angle was designed at 65 degrees with a fork axle to crown of 570mm. It feels a bit slacker than that though.

Reactions: PJO

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Seeing this thread pop up reminded me, I haven't yet shared my HT here:

Heavily customised 2021 Norco Torrent A2. For what I paid for the bike and then the new bits, I could have bought an S1, but the A2 is what happened to be in stock the day I went in to order a completely different bike, so...

Highlights include Cane Creek Helm Air II fork, 190 mm KS Rage-i dropper (needed a longer one, as the 150mm that came standard just wasn't enough to get me as high or low as I wanted) and TRP Quadiem brakes, which are the absolute business and have no problem dragging my sturdy self to a complete stop very quickly indeed.

See PYR for complete rundown.

Switch

huskier headed gent

Retired the Nomad and was going to sell it then had the great idea to build a long travel hard tail.
Dartmoor Hornet 27.5 with lyric 170mm forks. A budget build just using as many parts from the Nomad as I could so mismatched wheels but on the plus side I get to annoy all the OCD burners. Not aligning valves with tyre logos would have been a step too far though.

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
How are you finding the fork? I just replaced my Lyrik ultimate with a Helm2 air on the hardtail and loving it.
(Copy/pasted from PYR thread where somebody axed me the same question) :

Love it. I thought it would be really fiddly to set up with so many adjustability options, but apart from letting out about 5 psi after initial setup and winding both compressions back a couple of clicks, I haven't had to touch it, or think about it, or do anything except ride the bike and know it's going to do what I need it to do.

Last edited: