Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
What are you guys using for your back tyres? I have a 26" 2.25" Ardent on the back of my Clash and it doesn't have enough grip. I am looking at either moving my 2.3" HR2 onto the back or getting a 2.3" DHR2. I am a "trail" rider if I must be classified.

rone

Eats Squid
What are you guys using for your back tyres? I have a 26" 2.25" Ardent on the back of my Clash and it doesn't have enough grip. I am looking at either moving my 2.3" HR2 onto the back or getting a 2.3" DHR2. I am a "trail" rider if I must be classified.
Maxxis Aggressor is the best rear tyre i've ever used.

Currently have a Minion SS on the rear of my HT. 27.5 x 2.3. Seems pretty good. Possibly more than I need for the trails here.
Used to have Specialized on my 26". Butcher front and Eskar rear. 2.4 and 2.3 respectively. I like that combo. Was a Slaughter rear prior to the Eskar I think?
I like Specialized rubber, make pretty good tyres I think.
My 27.5 wheelset came with Ardents front and back, wasn't cutting it for me. Went to Maxxis DHR front and Minion SS rear.
I'm a trail rider too but I like being able to throw it into a corner, if need be and my skills allow it. Ardents are not ideal for that.

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
I've been using a 2.3 DHR for about 2 years now. I've never got anything like that from a tyre before. Its an excellent tyre and I cant rate it highly enough.

Beej1

What are you guys using for your back tyres?
On my All MTN/Funnduro hardtail, a 29 x 2.4 Ardent EXO (same as front). It's so far been plenty good. My Nomad had Minion DHF 26 x 2.5 on the back (and front), and were awesome. But in semi-urgent need of replacements, and what appeared to be the beginning of difficulty in finding 26in tyres, I switched to the same Ardent (2.4, but 26in version, and TR) and once again - plenty good.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

donny70

Likes Dirt
My newly built up Stanton Switchback next gen in 16.5 long. It's nice where I work, you can get some decent shots in.
Pretty much Hope everything in orange, 150mm MRP Stage forks, ilink cables and Progress MT+ Wheel set.

Just dialing it in at the moment but I'll iron out any kinks on my weekend ride. I'll get that saddle down and some dirt on it then :)

SMALL_DSC2403 copy.jpg

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
My newly built up Stanton Switchback next gen in 16.5 long. It's nice where I work, you can get some decent shots in.
Pretty much Hope everything in orange, 150mm MRP Stage forks, ilink cables and Progress MT+ Wheel set.

Just dialing it in at the moment but I'll iron out any kinks on my weekend ride. I'll get that saddle down and some dirt on it then :)
oh boy.... that's absolutely beautiful. keen to hear how she rides :thumb:

loc81

Likes Dirt
It's with great sadness that I announce that my orange rocket, the 2016 26" Cotic BFe is up for sale!
I had a lot of interest on this thread with my previous BFe frame I sold, so take a look at the bike, spread the word and ask any questions. I'll post it up in the "for sale" section here soon, but here's the eBay link:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162493963637

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Thanks for all of the feedback regarding rear tyres. I was doing a little cleaning in the garage and found a near new Bontranger Team XR1 26x2.4 that I will try. I had been looking at the Minion SS option, and this looks like it has smaller shoulder lugs but a lot more centre ramps.

Reviews of the XR1 indicate it is fast but can be dangerous in the wet. Funnily enough there is a lot more grip in Perth on my local trail when it rains. It would be terrible at the moment, but the cooler weather is almost here and the winter wet should start soon. If I hate the tyre, then nothing lost and I will try either an Aggressor or DHR2. My main riding buddy finally got his DHR2 on the back of his Blur LTC and loved it. He has it paired with a 2.3 DHF out front. I fitted the XR1 to a spare rim and it was larger than the Ardent and possibly a touch fatter than the 2.3" HR2 out front.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt

View attachment 337135
That bike is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
F%@KING Single Speeds!

After my first ride on my new Single Speed I was prepared to admit that Single Speeds where the WORST idea in a sport full of shitty ideas.

By 5pm the same day I had planned a road trip to the Single Speed Champs in Melrose...

I bought the frame off a fellow Burner (Thanks Minty!). It's a Kona Explosive that was in pretty sorry condition. It had been welded after cracking the seat stay and the paint was rough.
A coat of Magenta paint, some parts from my shed and a few online/LBS specials and she began to take shape. The Kona rides beautifully and looks a treat. I just need to come up with a name some logos!

kona01.jpg

kona02.jpg

kona03.jpg

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Looks good. I like the simpleness and cleanness of a single speed, pity my knee doesn't....

After my first ride on my new Single Speed I was prepared to admit that Single Speeds where the WORST idea in a sport full of shitty ideas.

By 5pm the same day I had planned a road trip to the Single Speed Champs in Melrose...
It's how it all starts. The simplicity is the attraction for me, and the fitness that quickly follows. Plus dropping a drivetrain sheds a surprising amount of weight.
Am trying a rotation policy of month on month off SS. My knees are not holding up to the km's with one gear.
That bike looks great, always sweet seeing a frame resurrected.
Nice paint job. Was it expensive?

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
$250 for the paint and $60 for the bead blast and prime. I guess I could have striped it myself but quite frankly, I'd rather spend my spare time riding!