Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Had a nice 45 minute ride at Smithfield today which is my first in two or three weeks! I'm learning to trust the bike more in berms and drops.

I'm still undecided on whether I want a higher rise bar, but my decision might be made for me as my helmets plastic cradle (the bit that tightens with a dial) broke today.

Here's a pic of my bike in the garden :)

Jpez

Down on the left!
About 1000km into this one now, its turning into my adventure bike more than anything

I’ve fallen back in love with my Eccentric since lockdowns began. Been riding heaps of bike paths and finding gravel here and there on it lately.
I’d stopped riding on proper rough trails because my back is old and damaged and I’d be in pain for days after but I’ve been doing heaps of core strength work and now restrictions have eased ive taken it to Plenty Gorge twice and ridden it as hard and fast as I could with no back pain at all. Such a fun nimble do it all bike.

Yours looks great. Only tiny complaint I’d have is I wish they had put just one more cable guide in the middle on the top tube.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
I’ve fallen back in love with my Eccentric since lockdowns began. Been riding heaps of bike paths and finding gravel here and there on it lately.
I’d stopped riding on proper rough trails because my back is old and damaged and I’d be in pain for days after but I’ve been doing heaps of core strength work and now restrictions have eased ive taken it to Plenty Gorge twice and ridden it as hard and fast as I could with no back pain at all. Such a fun nimble do it all bike.

Yours looks great. Only tiny complaint I’d have is I wish they had put just one more cable guide in the middle on the top tube.
Couldn't agree more. My other bike is a Rune with a coil shock and this is an ideal second bike companion. While I find its most fun on wide open fast and steep trails, I have taken it down some local tight/technical and steep fall line rut trails and its more than capable. Not as fast as the Rune as you have to be a bit more careful, but definitely exciting in a different way.

Also second the cable mounting points - my old 2015 650b eccentric had the same problem, but because it was painted black and I didn't care about the paint I just put a zip tie around the centre of the top tube and the cables. The paint on this one is too nice though, and you can kinda see it in that pic, but I have put a second zip tie over both cables on the cable mount that is left over for the front mech (or external dropper I guess) and it kinda keeps the cables from flapping around. A bit disappointed that they havent added the cable mounts since the original but oh well.. That pic does look particularly bad though.

Nvydvr

Likes Bikes
Nice bike. There are quite a few local hard tail riders on here. Does look long in the photo
Cheers. I know pete (pjo on here) who has a moxie too. Actually it was his bike that I had a spin on a while ago that planted the seed in my head for this one, and have seen a few ht’s out and about.

Last edited: