Post your all mountain bike

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
I've only managed to get one ride on it so still playing around with the rebound/sag. I feel for a medium it's feels very short compared to my 2015 medium Norco range.

Only issue I'm having is converting the front to tubeless. Once I get the bead to set I can hear air coming out of the spokes.

Have you had any problems with yours?
Mine went up really easy. The factory tape must be dodgy, maybe pull it off and re seal it with new tape. I had a stuck brake piston but that's about it. Already managed to damage the reverb but it still works for now. I got the large, I'm 182cm Fits perfect. Bike took a bit of getting used to, felt like a DH bike compared to my old Trance. Now I love it and I'm smashing some of my Strava PB's. Climbs so well for a slack aggressive tail bike

Z

Zaf

If only the top tube had a gradual curve rather than that kink...
Curved like scimitar!

Dunno, it's not quite as sexy as the Mondraker kink, but way better than the new Fuel EX "my fork hits the downtube" edition kink in the top tube.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Curved like scimitar!

Dunno, it's not quite as sexy as the Mondraker kink, but way better than the new Fuel EX "my fork hits the downtube" edition kink in the top tube.
I still reminisce about the old Nomad hunch. Now that was a sexy kink...

#hashtag

Z

Zaf

I still reminisce about the old Nomad hunch. Now that was a sexy kink...

#hashtag
The curves on the SB66c are pure artwork in that way (pic related). Not quite the flare the Nomad had, but definitely a smoother curve.

I don't have any gripes with the Canyon styling at all, personally Ellsworth bikes are the only ones that make me induce vomiting, and even their latest design is visible in daylight hours now.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Curved like scimitar!

I just had a look at the trek. Nice looking bike till I saw that. Looks silly.

Z

Zaf

I just had a look at the trek. Nice looking bike till I saw that. Looks silly.
Can't unsee it! Looks like someone pushed the fork towards the BB before the carbon had fully cured.

Canyon kink is God damned sexy in comparison to that.

Nomad Carbon

Frame: Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon with Fox DHX shock
Wheelset: Easton Haven carbon
Forks: Fox 36 Float
Brakes: Formula RO
Stem: Easton Haven
Bars: Haven Carbon
Saddle: SLR Carbonio
Shifter: Sram XX
Derailleur: Sram XO
Cranks and BB: XT
Pedals: XTR
Headset: Chris King
Chainring: Race Face NW 34 tooth
Cassette: XT with One Up components 42 tooth

p4pb13641993.jpg

fallingwater

Likes Bikes
I don't have any gripes with the Canyon styling at all, personally Ellsworth bikes are the only ones that make me induce vomiting, and even their latest design is visible in daylight hours now.

How about the old Norco S-shaped front end tubing - now that was horrendous!

Z

Zaf

It's amazing that it made it through design stages without being fixed. The Lappeire Spicy is the kind of ugly that took an artist to create.

It's not like a Nicolai, which has a very plain, utilitarian, functional aesthetic (that I love, but can understand why some people might not like). It went through someone with talent saying "we'll do this and it will look amazing! " and everyone else nervously looking on, hoping that someone else will say something.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
It's amazing that it made it through design stages without being fixed. The Lappeire Spicy is the kind of ugly that took an artist to create.

It's not like a Nicolai, which has a very plain, utilitarian, functional aesthetic (that I love, but can understand why some people might not like). It went through someone with talent saying "we'll do this and it will look amazing! " and everyone else nervously looking on, hoping that someone else will say something.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro
Nicolai remind me of Banshee frames. Both I think look great. The wierd curves that seem to be all the rage now can look pretty fucked if not done right. Canyon the exception, but I may be biased. Very biased.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Like your sister being sexier than your mum I reckon.

King please explain......:shocked::shocked::shocked:
Relates to Zaf's comment that the Canyon kink is sexier than the Trek kink.

Both are off limits as far as I'm concerned.

Z

Zaf

Relates to Zaf's comment that the Canyon kink is sexier than the Trek kink.

Both are off limits as far as I'm concerned.
MFW looking at the perfect kink in the top tube.
You'll never know how it feels, and I'm sorry that we've been unable to show you.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Race

Quick photo before I cover it in muck.
bike.jpg

Canyon service deserves a mention. The reverb hose barb broke during delivery; within about 2 hrs of reporting it a Canyon chap had driven a van from one end of Melbourne to another to pick up a replacement, then dropped it off to my front door. Massively appreciated effort to allow me to get riding this weekend.