Post your all mountain bike

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
ha about 6'4". that photo was post ride and it has come down a little but not much.
The XL frame is about the same size as a Giant L frame so dont read into the size too much.
Yeah, I figured Commencal's sizing could be a bit off, the french must be short:tickled_pink:

lockie

Squid
oh man! thats sweet! ive been looking at geting one of these, all ive heard is that they are wicked, how dose it go man? cant decide am vs pro vs frame only build.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice 5 you got there.

I was a mouse click away from grabbing one myself, as I've owned numerous Orange dh bikes previously.
Ended up going with a Mojo HD for something different (to all my other Oranges anyway).. but id still love to have a ride on a 5 one day (or maybe not, it might make me realise what I'm missing out on)..
Ride her hard bud!

Suppose i better add my new sled as well..
DSC00364.jpg

Last edited:

turkey

Likes Bikes
Nice 5 you got there.

I was a mouse click away from grabbing one myself, as I've owned numerous Orange dh bikes previously.
Ended up going with a Mojo HD for something different (to all my other Oranges anyway).. but id still love to have a ride on a 5 one day (or maybe not, it might make me realise what I'm missing out on)..
Ride her hard bud!

Suppose i better add my new sled as well..
View attachment 237415

the ibis is nice, would like one next time round.... just like this one...

first ride on the orange tonight, goes well, rear shock is nice.... and the new 2013 36's hi/lo compression adjust on the top of right leg is much easier tuning.

going down stromlo next sun whilst the girls do an enduro race, looking for really testing it out....

Attachments

Last edited:

landy_man

Likes Dirt
new bike .. woohoo...

Remedy 9 obviously.. stock as a rock with XT trail pedals

Special thanks to all the staff at Gran Prix Bikes in Glen Huntley for the awesome prices ( I bought my mrs a Fuel EX at the same time) and fantastic customer service.. was great to actually find a shop interested in my what I wanted ... not just make a sale..

R9.jpg

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
new bike .. woohoo...

Remedy 9 obviously.. stock as a rock with XT trail pedals

Special thanks to all the staff at Gran Prix Bikes in Glen Huntley for the awesome prices ( I bought my mrs a Fuel EX at the same time) and fantastic customer service.. was great to actually find a shop interested in my what I wanted ... not just make a sale..

View attachment 237481

Yeow. Good to see a few more remedy's getting around. I have a 2012 remedy 7, its far from stock though. Just about to fit a vivid air shock too it as the dcrv shock just doesnt do the bike any favours. You will notice what i mean after a few months of riding it hard.

ALfromTheGym

Likes Bikes
Trek Scratch 9 Air

Trek Scratch 9.JPG

Frame - Trek Scratch 9 Air
Rear shock - Fox Float RP23
Front shock/fork - Fox Talas
Handlebars - Race Face Atlas
Stem - Crank Bros Iodine
Headset - Cane Creek Frustrum
Grips - Renthal Kevlar
Saddle - Bontrager evoke Ti
Seatpost - Crank Bros Joplin 4 - Replacing with KS LEV
Front brake - Saint
Rear brake - Saint
Cranks - Race Face Atlas
Chainguide - MRP G2
Chain - Shimano
Pedals - Jetblack
Front derailleur - NA
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT
Front shifter - NA
Rear shifter - Shimano XT
Cassette - Shimano
Front hub - DT E2000
Rear hub - DT E2000
Front rim - DT E2000
Rear rim - DT E2000
Spokes - yes it has some
Nipples - yep got nipples too
Tyres - Kenda Nevegal
Tubes - Black ones
Total weight - Dunno

my02

Likes Dirt
Yeow. Good to see a few more remedy's getting around. I have a 2012 remedy 7, its far from stock though. Just about to fit a vivid air shock too it as the dcrv shock just doesnt do the bike any favours. You will notice what i mean after a few months of riding it hard.
How are you fitting the vivid? Are you sourcing the parts individually or in a kit?

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice HD
odd seat position?

did you get taperd BOS @ 170mm?
running Float 36 on mine, may go with some Vengeance 170's
Im not a big lad.. around 5'9 but went with a large frame and 50mm stem, and I'm not a fan of having the seat too far back over the rear wheel.
Deville's are 160mm Tapered. Im running this with a 1.5deg angle set. This seems to suit me well as for Dh the seat is down anyway, but having the seat forward a bit forward gives me a bit more aggressive Xc position on the flats, hills etc. It is quiet slack, but i didn't have a problem on the flat or uphill so far.. and haven't hit any steeper stuff going down yet which i think it will benefit the bike a bit more.

As this bike replaced my Dh and Xc bike I needed something kind of in between. I wasn't riding as much Dh, and I was finding the limits of the Xc bike pretty quickly. Long frame and short stem for Dh type feel, but using 160mm fork still.
The Deville's ride quiet high in their travel but the dampening is excellent. As I'm far more Dh/Bmx racing orientated in my riding style than Xc (we only go up the hill to do back down don't we?) I'm more than happy with the 160mm. Fantastic fork and I've only had very minimal time on them and still dialling everything in.

Bike is very capable down downhill orientated trails which is what i enjoy, and actually climbs better than my old 4" xc bike. Perhaps the better suspension design has a bit to plat with it here. The HD's do tend to ride a bit higher in their travel than some other 6"+ bikes as well.
Unless your into huge km rides and fast xc racing i don't know how you could go with anything smaller in travel when this bike still climbs and goes so well. I think its as close I'm going to get to a do all bike anyway. Pretty pleased.

Last edited: