Post your all mountain bike

rone

Eats Squid
U-Turn Pikes? Makes it easy to dial in the geo to any track. I love adjustable travel forks on my hardtail.
I dig the lazy seat angle on yours, something hardtails should have. Roomy for climbing, a bit tighter for descending and techo stuff. Might just be an optical elusion comparing yours to mine as my forks look a bit would down.
U-Turn Air. 110mm to 140mm. Seat angle is actually quite steep @ 71.5° and head angle is a slacko 65°. Recommend trying a Ragley if you get the chance. The Pig, Mmmbop and Ti all have the same geo. Super fun shadowing the AM duallys down the hills and giving away nothing in speed.

rone

Eats Squid
Dude, 71.5 is slack for a seat angle.
Taken from the Ragley website:

"Riders coming from some brands may be puzzled about our shorter-than-they-are-used-to top tube dimensions… But if you have a compare with the “new” way to measure dimensions (below), you’ll understand more. As our frames have steep and steeper seat angles (bigger frames get steeper seat angles), this means that larger riders are sat a little more forward than on a lot of frames. We do this to move weight from the back of the bike, forward. To keep your front tyre weighted for steering and grip, to stop you looping out backwards on climbs… Nobody else does this (yet) that we’ve seen, but it seems pretty obvious. Tall riders with long seatpost extensions don’t want to be way back over the rear wheel (unless you really like doing wheelies)."

http://www.ragleybikes.com/geometry/

Last edited:

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Can I post my hardtail while I wait for my next dually? It is my All MTN bike for now, and I'm loving it. My 40year old joints probably aren't but. Still mad fun.
nothing wrong with a hardtail - this old chestnut just got new wheels and tubeless tyres (stans strips and true blue goo) - I'm back in love with her!

DSC00004-001.JPG

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
So how was it? Looks Rad.
Its rained up here for the past 3 days pretty constant so hitting Joyce today was a no go. Its cleared up today so will see how I go over the weekend. Ive ridden it about 400mtrs up the street and back so far and it feels nice.

Its funny how light it turned out as I never planned on it being so light. Concidering I replaced XT brakes with Saints and went up in size on the front rotor. The bars and stem are nothing light either.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More hardtail love. My freshly 650b'd Chumba HX1. Climbs like a goat, descends like a stone. Probably the funnest bike I own.. And that's saying something!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
More hardtail love. My freshly 650b'd Chumba HX1. Climbs like a goat, descends like a stone. Probably the funnest bike I own.. And that's saying something!

Oh man. If my VooDoos height wasn't so high I'd so be 650Bing it. Took me ten years to get a Ti hardtail, 650B will have to wait. Although, I might be buying a cheap cromo hardtail, welding plates on it and trying to put my Nuvinci above the BB. If the BBs low enough, I'll be 650Bing it fo sure.
Looks great. Did you rock it with 26ers before? How much more doey is it now? Ride report please.
Some fricken nice hardtails popping up. I was feeling a bit oldschool and freakish. Thought hardtails where for the smooth track 29er club only now days.
I'm going to start a new thread for All MTN hardtails if people would like to throw their bikes in there. Keep this thread more for the expected 5-6" trail blazers.

Last edited:

FuTAnT

Likes Dirt
Picked this up about a month ago. Bone stock SLX build with the 160 TALAS RLC fork.

Now that I've had it for a little bit, the wider bars, shorter stem are on the way. Dropper post would be nice, but it's a hell of a lot more expensive than a 5mm hex in your pocket. Trail King 2.2s are awesome, but moving to the Trail King 2.4s to get some extra volume for the North Van tracks.

I never thought I'd say this, but it rides so well it seriously makes me think I could use a 180 mm TALAS on this. With the tubless setup, it pedals easier than my old hard tail with free ride tubes. I'll gain a bit of weight with the 2.4s, but still lots lighter than traditional 2.4s and tubes.

Forks / shock are nice, but I find the high speed movement on the fork a bit harsh for my liking. Will probably get it opened up so it moves properly. In hindsight, the RC2 would have been a better option, but it wasn't selectable at the time from their builds. Might try Push or another local tuner that can work some magic on these.

Ibis.jpg

Ivan

Eats Squid
Taken from the Ragley website:

"Riders coming from some brands may be puzzled about our shorter-than-they-are-used-to top tube dimensions… But if you have a compare with the “new” way to measure dimensions (below), you’ll understand more. As our frames have steep and steeper seat angles (bigger frames get steeper seat angles), this means that larger riders are sat a little more forward than on a lot of frames. We do this to move weight from the back of the bike, forward. To keep your front tyre weighted for steering and grip, to stop you looping out backwards on climbs… Nobody else does this (yet) that we’ve seen, but it seems pretty obvious. Tall riders with long seatpost extensions don’t want to be way back over the rear wheel (unless you really like doing wheelies)."

http://www.ragleybikes.com/geometry/

What you quoted and linked to means nothing with respect to your claim of a 71.5 SA.

The blue Pig has a listed Geometry - Head Angle 67.5 of degrees and Seat Angle of 74 Degrees with a 140mm fork. 74 is steep, 71.5 is not.

rone

Eats Squid
What you quoted and linked to means nothing with respect to your claim of a 71.5 SA.

The blue Pig has a listed Geometry - Head Angle 67.5 of degrees and Seat Angle of 74 Degrees with a 140mm fork. 74 is steep, 71.5 is not.
71.5° unsagged. 74° sagged. Happy?

deano

Likes Dirt
s-works stumpjumper

2011 s-works stumpjumper frame (140mm) - replacement from specialized for a demo 2008 stumpy frame I bought at a bargain price that cracked, built up with some parts I had and some bought second hand off the interweb
fox 32 float rl 150
formula hubs/stans flow rims/dt comp spokes/alloy nipples
nobby nic 2.4/2.25, converted to tubeless, homemade ghetto sealant
xt brakes (2011 servo wave levers, 2007 calipers)
1x10 xt shifter/rear mech/chain/11-36 cassette, 32t widget
lx cranks (old school!)
wellgo mg1 ti pedals
ks i900r/supernatural hybrid thing post with homemade cable shield to stop muck getting in (made from coke can and cable ties)
wtb silverado seat
raceface turbine stem (70mm I think)
raceface atlas am bars (725mm)

I love this bike! Almost as much as my wife and kids. Climbs well, descends well, great balance front to rear. Built with tough parts, reliable 12.4kg including pedals/bottle cage all ready to ride.

Pic (dirty) attached, and one of why I love it so much (on an all mountain adventure).

Attachments

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Picked this up about a month ago. Bone stock SLX build with the 160 TALAS RLC fork................
nice, i have same, if you want to make it even more betterer put on an anglest,
knocks about 1.2* off the front, increases the wheelbase by about 20mm and very very slightly drops the bb and steepens the seat tube

FuTAnT

Likes Dirt
nice, i have same, if you want to make it even more betterer put on an anglest,
knocks about 1.2* off the front, increases the wheelbase by about 20mm and very very slightly drops the bb and steepens the seat tube
Yep, it's on the shopping list. After riding it on the North Shore here, I could do with a slacker head angle or a 180 mm front end. Bare in mind though, that a pure DH bike would be well suited to the shit I'm attempting on it. The only problem is I need to ride to the top to get to it.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Haven't had a chance to ride it yet (other than a spin on the street), but here is my new AM bike. Mountaincycle San An 2.

6.5" of travel from the same people who designed the Yeti Switch system.
SanAn2.jpg
SanAn1.jpg
SanAn4.jpg

Also building this at the moment, similar to above only lighter and 5.5" of travel
Zen.jpg