Polygon Collosus DHX

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Wonder why I have never heard of these before, that's an awesome price for that spec. Giants have always been known as the best bang for buck, but this is even better. And you won't get hassled for riding something "common".

Why isn't everyone riding these, for that price it's worth it just for the parts... What's the catch??

Sneebyl

Likes Dirt
What's the catch??
You have to sleep in a haunted house inhabited by the ghosts of the people that died riding them. :p

Seriously though, that's crazy cheap. And if the frame's crap, then you just buy a new one, and still have a cheaper bike (probably).

haltz

Likes Dirt
hey mate i looked into these recently, and yeah i was reaaallly close to buying one, not sure if they fixed it yet or not theyre the 2011 models on there for 4300 i was stoked with that price when they were advertised as 2012's but spoke to the dealers and yeah it was a mistake, so i ended up with a glory 00 because theyre 800 bucks cheaper atm, like people say theyre a common bike but it would be kinda gay to not buy a good bike because of what other people think haha but if it helps go sit on a giant, the polygon feels exactly the same i say that because i know you can only get them from manly not sure where your from but chances are there a giant dealer closer because theyre so...common haha but, yes theyre a tip toppy bike

FierceRider

Likes Dirt
Well i have been doing so research. Theres not a whole lot out there regarding The polygon DHX. Although it seems polygon is a huge manufacturer based in Indonesia, making bikes for Scott among other brands. That makes me a little bit more comfortble. Bikes from indonesia . . . . hmmm
Although it does look really nice. And the parts are sooo sweet.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Collosus_DHX__18829_zoom.jpg

normal_91084020_1271378999.jpg

You might find a bit more information if you search for the KHS frame. I would guess that it's just a catalogue frame made by whoever (maybe polygon?) and available for bulk wholesale purchase for rebranding.

Tackta23

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, I also came across the bike and got a chance to have a feel of it, i was very impress! It did feel quite similar to the rear of a giant glory, and the brand has just been brought into Australia, mainly raced by malaysians, and other countries and seem to do the job over there finishing on podiums.

HAR

Likes Bikes
Hey guys, I also came across the bike and got a chance to have a feel of it, i was very impress! It did feel quite similar to the rear of a giant glory, and the brand has just been brought into Australia, mainly raced by malaysians, and other countries and seem to do the job over there finishing on podiums.
Yeah there are some Malay riders out here in WA that are riding these Polygons with Cane Creek DB's and they look very impressive through the roots and rocks. If the geo looks like it suits you I wouldn't hesitate getting one!!!

Tackta23

Likes Dirt
Yeah there are some Malay riders out here in WA that are riding these Polygons with Cane Creek DB's and they look very impressive through the roots and rocks. If the geo looks like it suits you I wouldn't hesitate getting one!!!
Really, they are quite impressive! I wouldn't mind trying one out, definitely well worth the money as well i think!

FierceRider

Likes Dirt
Right, looks like the Polygon has adjustable geo and is slightly to a lot slacker than the Giant, depending on which setting it's in. And to my knowledge Giant has slacked their Head angle for 2012, So Polygon may be on the right track here. :)

Tackta23

Likes Dirt
Right, looks like the Polygon has adjustable geo and is slightly to a lot slacker than the Giant, depending on which setting it's in. And to my knowledge Giant has slacked their Head angle for 2012, So Polygon may be on the right track here. :)
Yeah I think its adjustable between 63/64/65 :) which is excellent.

and I saw that 14 days free trial, do many companys offer something like that?

FierceRider

Likes Dirt
Yeah that 14 day trial looks super sweet. Although, i suppose if you dont like it, it has to be in saleable condition. Eg no big scratches ect. i guess if it is scratched or something you could just sell the frame and get a new one. Keep the parts and your set.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saw one yesterday at the Bike Expo in Melbourne and was really impressed. So much bike for the money. Welds etc all looked the goods too.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
These are manufactured by Astro Engineering, the frames are used by alot of companies. Some make small tweaks to the design and of course badge and paint differently while others just use the catalogue frames and sell as their own.

Astro also manufactures frames for a lot of big well known bike companies.

www.astroeng.com.tw

FierceRider

Likes Dirt
These are manufactured by Astro Engineering, the frames are used by alot of companies. Some make small tweaks to the design and of course badge and paint differently while others just use the catalogue frames and sell as their own.

Astro also manufactures frames for a lot of big well known bike companies.

www.astroeng.com.tw

How can they be made by Astro (which manufaturing is based in Taiwan) when Polygon specifically states that they are manufacutred in Indonesia?