Pole Evolink 150 - 27.5"

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Had a good ride on Blue Tier into Big Chook on Sunday with a couple ye-olde forum members.

Bit sloshy through the majority of Big Chook, and a few puddles and dampness through Blue Tier, but overall it was a great day!

10/10 would ride again.

I hear a lot of people talking up Big Chook, but personally, while it was definitely great, I think Flowtown at Falls Creek is the best 'flow' I've ridden.

Your Pole sure gets around boi!

datnat

Likes Dirt
;)
I'd like to try this again when it's not so wet.

Nice work on the bike, took my attention on Sunday morning (was in the big group ahead of you), and noticed the sticker on the back of your car ;) was going to say hi but the lads were keen to get moving. Just little drier and the tracks would have been prime.
Welcome to Tassie - checked out Maydena yet?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Nice work on the bike, took my attention on Sunday morning (was in the big group ahead of you), and noticed the sticker on the back of your car ;) was going to say hi but the lads were keen to get moving. Just little drier and the tracks would have been prime.
Welcome to Tassie - checked out Maydena yet?
Oh wow. I actually don't recognise your username, but small world!

All good though, Blue Tier was pretty much perfect I reckon. A little wetness here and there but it never detracted from the ride. Big Chook could have been drier though!

I'm yet to hit up Maydena, but soon hopefully.

We should get a Tassie RB group together for rides.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Second ride on Blue Tier / Big Chook on Sunday just gone... Pretty sloppy toward the end of Big Chook, but otherwise a great 25km or so, and can't wait for the third time!

Love the flowing descent section about 2/3 way through Blue Tier.

Put another 30psi in the shock (up to 230psi) on recommendation from the guys at Pole. It made the bike feel much more agile and playful.

Still considering / toying with the idea of either 27.5+ (@2.8"), or 29 (@2.6")... As I get quite a number of pedal strikes on more pedally trails/sections where ratcheting reduces momentum too much, but it's such an expense.

New fork, wheels, boost crank, tyres... Ugh.

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
Second ride on Blue Tier / Big Chook on Sunday just gone... Pretty sloppy toward the end of Big Chook, but otherwise a great 25km or so, and can't wait for the third time!

Love the flowing descent section about 2/3 way through Blue Tier.

Put another 30psi in the shock (up to 230psi) on recommendation from the guys at Pole. It made the bike feel much more agile and playful.

Still considering / toying with the idea of either 27.5+ (@2.8"), or 29 (@2.6")... As I get quite a number of pedal strikes on more pedally trails/sections where ratcheting reduces momentum too much, but it's such an expense.

New fork, wheels, boost crank, tyres... Ugh.

Have you thrown it down Maydena yet?
As for pedal strikes are you already running 170 cranks? I’ve just bought a set of 170’s for my Megstrail as I get plenty of pedal strikes. Yet to put em on as I’m waiting for a crank puller tool.

Z

Zaf

Cue the hard sell, I've got some Bontrager Line 40 Carbon's for sale just begging for some 2.6" 29er rubbers to throw on them. So I fully support this endeavor and think you should by them off me and report findings.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Have you thrown it down Maydena yet?
As for pedal strikes are you already running 170 cranks? I’ve just bought a set of 170’s for my Megstrail as I get plenty of pedal strikes. Yet to put em on as I’m waiting for a crank puller tool.
Nah man, waiting for it to dry up a bit down there... Although their two for one deal at the moment is quite tempting. Their numbers must be pretty low. They appear to be panicking a bit, unless that's just my perspective having had my job offer retracted due to not being busy enough through the colder months.

I'm on 175 cranks, but was considering 170 should I end up moving to a boost wheelset/crank/fork if I decide to go down the upgrade path.

Cue the hard sell, I've got some Bontrager Line 40 Carbon's for sale just begging for some 2.6" 29er rubbers to throw on them. So I fully support this endeavor and think you should by them off me and report findings.
No purple Hope hubs, no sale! :)

Reactions: Zaf

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Been back in Vic for a bit over a year now, and still rocking the same build... Come on lotto send some cash my way!

I'd love to convert to a Mezzer, Hope Fortus 30 wheels and Hope Evo cranks though. I reckon it'd completely transform the bike, but still quite happy with how it is anyway.

Been enjoying some racing, joining in on the King of Ballarat action (Round 2 and 3 anyway). Despite not really knowing the tracks at all, I had a great time and managed to land in the middle of the pack for over 35s, so can't complain too much.

Heading to McKayos next weekend, which should be really interesting - never ridden on snow before and won't have a chance of being competitive, but hoping to just have a good, fun day!

Still loving the 'new skool' geo game, although I did ride a Canyon Spectral with a Trust Message fork up front recently, and was really blown away by how incredibly effortless it was to pop the front end up, haha.

Media whore time:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Love your work, but don't get a Mezzer before me.

I've been putting my Evolink on a diet of sorts by fitting carbon wheels, 29x2.6 tyres with a lighter casing (exo instead of dd), and a lightweight cassette. Its made a big difference especially for jumping.

If you get the heavy wheels, cranks etc you might find the Evolink becomes too much of a plowmobile. Also you can't fit a 30mm bsa bb to the Evolink, I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Washed and checked the old girl before McKayos on Saturday.

Don't ya hate it when brake pads are at the point where you're just not 100% sure there's enough for such an event?

That just means no brakes, right?
Pin it to not win it!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Replaced the pads with some generic BBB sintered jobbies cause I'm too poor to go for Shimano finned pads.

Seemed to bed in super quick and pull me up without issue. Fingers crossed they stay quiet when things get wet.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
After a few years of procrastination I finally got around to making some changes!

Manitou Mezzer Pro
Hope Fortus 30 rims on purple Pro 4 hubs
Ergon GA2 Fat grips
Michelin Wild Enduro 27.5x2.4"

Now I just need a black dropper. o_O

The Mezzer feels sick on the street and the wheels are noticeably stiffer than the Tech Enduro set they replaced. Super keen to give her a solid test ride and dial in the fork.