Please title your topics with LOCATION:EVENT:DATE, etc...

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Just so people don't have to guess or open topics to find out if they apply to them or not...

Please be clear about the location, date and event of your gig when making the title for your thread.

Good title examples:

"Melbourne CBD, 25/04/04, trials session"
"Manly, NSW, urban assault, Feb 30, 2004"
"Hurstville, shuttle session, March 15th"

Passable title examples:

"Sydney, March 1st"
"Toowoomba, April 10"

Not very good title examples:

"Perth, Sunday"
"Brisbane, fun ride"

Threads that WILL get edited/deleted

"ride tomorrow"
"city ride, this Sunday"
"hey peeps"
"Sunday"
"BMX track"

Basically, the #1 priority in your title and thread should be WHERE it's located.
WHY this is important should be obvious. Do you want to waste time sifting through a bunch of threads that you don't know if they apply to you or not?
I can guarantee you that posts that don't clearly state this in their title will be edited or deleted, depending on the mood of the admin/mod at the time.

The 2nd highest priority should be a clear idea of the date that this is going to happen. Posting "tomorrow" is pretty stupid, considering that could apply to ANY day. The ride could have happened a month ago, and people could read the title and think that it's talking about a ride happening the next day.
Posting a day of the week, like "Sunday" is better, but still not great.
When posting the date, PLEASE put the DATE on it (such as 15th of May, or 05/07/04, or something similar). You don't have to put down the year, and you can even get away without putting down the month, but an actual day is definitely needed.

The 3rd most important thing is what the event is. It'd be nice to see ahead of time what is planned for that day, whether it's an urban session, a ride at the BMX track or dirt jumps, a trials get-together, or DH shuttles.

In summary, PLEASE, when posting your thread people, think about how clear it is to everyone reading the title. You don't wanna waste time on posts that don't apply to you... so please consider others.

Thanks everybody!

TD

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
I didn't lock it, but I would suspect it was from lack of a full description of the date, since you mention the location of Mosman.

Putting the day of the week and a partial date might have been the reason, however.

Myself, although I don't like it as much as a MONTH, DATE, and DAY of the week, you can put together what month you're talking about with the details you provided.

However, if I can't vouch for all the other mods/admins.

If you want to be safe, make sure you put in ALL the details about the date and location you can.

BTW, I've unlocked your thread and added a month to the title.

flasher

Likes Dirt
Techno Destructo said:
I didn't lock it, but I would suspect it was from lack of a full description of the date, since you mention the location of Mosman.

Putting the day of the week and a partial date might have been the reason, however.

Myself, although I don't like it as much as a MONTH, DATE, and DAY of the week, you can put together what month you're talking about with the details you provided.

However, if I can't vouch for all the other mods/admins.

If you want to be safe, make sure you put in ALL the details about the date and location you can.

BTW, I've unlocked your thread and added a month to the title.
Ill be sure to note this in the future, i also added Sydney just to be safe,
Thanks alot!