Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cyclist. Car/truck/bus/elephant “back” is standard group ride etiquette to alert the people in front of you to a passing hazard.
Makes sense. Also kind of explains why so many people yelled out "dickhead" at me recently when I passed a slow moving group of older cyclists. What's the mocking name for Lycra clad people who are beyond middle aged?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
yeah i dont get this sort of activism. The horse has bolted. The economic detriment to Adani for this sort of stuff is negligible. To the individual performing this sort of activity, it could ruin their life.

I get passion, i get conviction, but surely this isnt productive?
Civil disobedience is not a useless part of driving longer term change. Ask Ghandi etc.

Not my thing, but respect the effort as it were.

Flow-Rider

Burner
yeah i dont get this sort of activism. The horse has bolted. The economic detriment to Adani for this sort of stuff is negligible. To the individual performing this sort of activity, it could ruin their life.

I get passion, i get conviction, but surely this isnt productive?
He's just trying to be a thorn in their arse, but I suppose it gets people talking about it. I'm sure he'll come out of there with a criminal record longer than his arm.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ouch, the legal bill this guy will get.

View attachment 383562
Good on him! There's been a bit of that type of action here lately as well and the authorities are coming on hard and strong to stop it. A while back when it was happening and deterrent oriented penalties became quite steep a bunch of old people got on board and started protesting.

Sir how did you get your wheelchair over the fence and down the embankment then out onto the train line without any assistance?

The power of the people officer.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Good on him! There's been a bit of that type of action here lately as well and the authorities are coming on hard and strong to stop it. A while back when it was happening and deterrent oriented penalties became quite steep a bunch of old people got on board and started protesting.

Sir how did you get your wheelchair over the fence and down the embankment then out onto the train line without any assistance?

The power of the people officer.
There's been a lot of it going on up here, what these big corporates get away with is more criminal than what the activists do.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
So do some research after you enjoy your 8 hour day. I'm damn proud of my arrests for fucking with logging companies and even prouder of being a part of a group of people that had national parks both enlarged and created.
My mum always said "if you want something done, do it yourself"
Good on you. You're in fine company with Bob Brown :)

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
How's the mouse situation? News and talk of the great plague just died off...is it over? Or did the news cycle just move on?
It's over for now. However, the flooding has knocked over a lot of ripe crops and made a lot more uneconomical to harvest...so there's plenty of tucker around. And there's still quite enough mice around to get things rolling again.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's over for now. However, the flooding has knocked over a lot of ripe crops and made a lot more uneconomical to harvest...so there's plenty of tucker around. And there's still quite enough mice around to get things rolling again.
Was talking to a cocky in Melrose last week, the extended rain not only fckd up his harvest, but the flies laid eggs/maggots in wet sheep and killed about 20 of his flock.

Its a delicate balance between no rain, rain and too much rain here in Australia.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Its a delicate balance between no rain, rain and too much rain here in Australia.
There's not been much delicate about it in the last five years. My town had three years in a row of rainfall of 300 plus followed by what looks to be two years of 1200 plus. The median is around 650...