Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Rather than putting this in an ebike thread, as seems to be the current fashion, I think I'll show how clever we are, and how determined we are to get on top of our energy/climate crisis here.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Rather than putting this in an ebike thread, as seems to be the current fashion, I think I'll show how clever we are, and how determined we are to get on top of our energy/climate crisis here.

It's actually not the first, Carnegie Wave had one operating at Garden Island in WA. The amazing thing about the Carnegie one was it's ability to switch from making power to making fresh water. It's going to end up overseas before we get anything more due to lack of govt. interest.

rockmoose

It's actually not the first, Carnegie Wave had one operating at Garden Island in WA. The amazing thing about the Carnegie one was it's ability to switch from making power to making fresh water. It's going to end up overseas before we get anything more due to lack of govt. interest.
Like so many brilliant, innovative ideas our boffins have had in the solar/wind/battery sphere. Get cockblocked, shunned or ignored here, so head os to let some other country reap the financial, industry, and employment boost.

mark22

Likes Dirt

Ooohh there has already been some money wasted on these machines with some costing a heap money to remove.
The power and unpredictability of the ocean is a real challenge.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I've seen this innovation for a very long time now but it never seems to get anywhere.
John Dobozy came on the New Inventors program in 2005 with this processing system and is the founder of Molectra. It touted to be able to extract all the raw product out of a car tyre like the steel belts, the fiber and the carbon compounds and even use the oil from the tyre itself to work in the breaking down process. The system could even change the end product to capitalize on whatever raw material was getting the best price.

Molectra Rubber Technologies | World Leaders in Rubber Recycling

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Apparently...fossil fuels is a misnomer. Oil is not made of fossils, it comes from deeper than the fossils. Oil also doesn't take bazillions of years to make, it is develops really quickly. And of course! There is significantly less CO2 in the air now that almost ever before and the earth is not hot or work or warming.

Fuck me I go cornered by a lunatic recently. I could see no point discussing so just listened hoping to be rescued.

rockmoose

Apparently...fossil fuels is a misnomer. Oil is not made of fossils, it comes from deeper than the fossils. Oil also doesn't take bazillions of years to make, it is develops really quickly. And of course! There is significantly less CO2 in the air now that almost ever before and the earth is not hot or work or warming.

Fuck me I go cornered by a lunatic recently. I could see no point discussing so just listened hoping to be rescued.
I bumped into Tony Abbott on Balmoral Beach once. I still can't seem to scrub the ick off me.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I bumped into Tony Abbott on Balmoral Beach once. I still can't seem to scrub the ick off me.
I live in Manly and have never seen him. I think he's fucked off to the mother country. Thank Christ!

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact he was the long time local MP.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

rockmoose

I live in Manly and have never seen him. I think he's fucked off to the mother country. Thank Christ!

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact he was the long time local MP.

I can assure you, I was the only person to call him a bigoted arsehat, amid a sea of gushing Libs.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I can assure you, I was the only person to call him a bigoted arsehat, amid a sea of gushing Libs.
You were in Mosman after all, don't discount the power of the Spit Bridge.