Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Quite a healthy FU.

If you by chance see this tiny chunk of nasty metal somewhere in WA then tell us then run away, or is it run away then tell us?

Nothing a large truck with an xray and gamma ray detector fitting underneath couldn't find.....

I think it is time to call in a superhero or two. They are well placed to fix these kind of problems.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Quite a healthy FU.

If you by chance see this tiny chunk of nasty metal somewhere in WA then tell us then run away, or is it run away then tell us?

Nothing a large truck with an xray and gamma ray detector fitting underneath couldn't find.....

I think it is time to call in a superhero or two. They are well placed to fix these kind of problems.
Fartman?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Greta at least will be around for a while to continue the good fight...

She's bang on that 'climate change' is an insipid term, like calling the Black Saturday fires a bit warm.

We need better ways of describing what 1 - 2 degrees of warming actually means, because I'd be willing to bet to most people that sounds quite nice, rather than near certain ecological and societal breakdown.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
She's bang on that 'climate change' is an insipid term, like calling the Black Saturday fires a bit warm.

We need better ways of describing what 1 - 2 degrees of warming actually means, because I'd be willing to bet to most people that sounds quite nice, rather than near certain ecological and societal breakdown.
"We are currently on track to have a world that is 3.2C hotter by the end of the century – and that’s if countries fulfil all the policies they have in place"

GLobal "warming" sounds like nice summers everywhere too. Climate collapse is a better term? Fuckers on my FB feed still believe it is not happening and we're doing too much to prevent it. It's truly depressing.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
There's your problem, Facebook is a magnet to the dumbest Dunning Krueger living experiments going who all hate being told what to do by nerds.

I noticed a pretty dramatic uptick in the number of people (particularly boomers) who suddenly were much, much quieter about their anti-climate change stances post the summer of 2019-20. Many even acknowledged it was a thing - and that number in Australia is getting higher and higher.

Avoid FB. It's shit.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
There's your problem, Facebook is a magnet to the dumbest Dunning Krueger living experiments going who all hate being told what to do by nerds.

I noticed a pretty dramatic uptick in the number of people (particularly boomers) who suddenly were much, much quieter about their anti-climate change stances post the summer of 2019-20. Many even acknowledged it was a thing - and that number in Australia is getting higher and higher.

Avoid FB. It's shit.
Yeah true, but I'm talking about people I actually know one way or another. Also agree on people shutting up, some have stopped posting to their own timelines but you see them making comments on other pages they follow, so you know they are still in denial or doubt.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Avoid FB. It's shit.
I watched one of those 'you shouldn't be alive' vids on y-tube the other day, A guy kayaks with his mate through treacherous waters, lies to his mate about being an experienced Kayaker. After days of multiple stupid fuckups, he gets saved by a rescue helicopter. Someone posted in the comments "Ignorant people are a protected class", it didn't dawn on me until I thought about this how much truth there is in it.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

Siri: "Your air conditioning is now ineffectual. But it might help those outside...."

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It's could well be that it's totally safe for the environment in certain places in the Ocean but, who's going to check to see if it really is? It's not like it is going to be easily accessed by non-partial assessors so it's very open to rorting.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It's could well be that it's totally safe for the environment in certain places in the Ocean but, who's going to check to see if it really is? It's not like it is going to be easily accessed by non-partial assessors so it's very open to rorting.
It would be so incredibly difficult to properly assess. Food chains are weird things and don't always react instantly to environmental damage. ie: There might be enough food/nutrient to sustain an already living thing, but not enough for it to reproduce. Or the habitat required to anchor offspring to might be missing or what not. I get all mining has an impact, but given how little we know about the deep ocean, this just seems like a bad idea unless you can prove it won't have an excessively negative impact.

Flow-Rider

Burner
There's been lots of studies done from the noise of recreational vehicles alone in an aquatic ecosystem that have a negative outcome, stirring the sediment on the ocean floor could change many things, even the PH of the water.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
There's been lots of studies done from the noise of recreational vehicles alone in an aquatic ecosystem that have a negative outcome, stirring the sediment on the ocean floor could change many things, even the PH of the water.
Just look at what happened in Gladstone when the shit on the floor was disturbed to build the pier for the Ali plant. Yeah nah.