Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Flow-Rider

Burner
Thanks for that, some good summaries of things in there.
Carbon border adjustments on exports, foreign banks not wanting to loan to us, not a promising looking future for Australia. We must look like an embarrassment on the world stage, just about every other country is moving to do something in a hurry except for us. :(

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

I know marine engines are pretty hefty, but this line got me - "Fuel consumption is, as you’d expect, pretty hefty, the Wärtsilä lapping up 6283 litres of heavy oil diesel per hour. But, while the pure consumption number seems large, it is in the world of marine engines at least, super-efficient."

this makes me sad

Haakon

Keeps on digging

I know marine engines are pretty hefty, but this line got me - "Fuel consumption is, as you’d expect, pretty hefty, the Wärtsilä lapping up 6283 litres of heavy oil diesel per hour. But, while the pure consumption number seems large, it is in the world of marine engines at least, super-efficient."

this makes me sad
Its worth noting at this point that international shipping and aviation falls outside the UNFCCC. Emissions from these dont count towards any country's emission targets.

The International Maritime Organisation is working on shipping emissions. Its slow and behind UNFCCC actions, buts its not nothing...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Its worth noting at this point that international shipping and aviation falls outside the UNFCCC. Emissions from these dont count towards any country's emission targets.

The International Maritime Organisation is working on shipping emissions. Its slow and behind UNFCCC actions, buts its not nothing...
It is also why they can burn bunker C etc.