Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
Yep it's a bit like Tasmania, great marketing. and the toxic Tamar/Derwent.
Intensive dairying in relatively small areas, probably not going to change to quick with China being NZ biggest export market.
I can only imagine the problems in Tassy with the influx of new people after seeing what’s happened up here in Qld, I suppose they need to make employment for the population growth.

I tried to find an over all figure in percentage for Australia but couldn't, no doubt it's pretty bad as well. In NZ it's something like 60% of their rivers are screwed from too many nitrates cause by the farming industry. I've always imagined NZ as backwards in the good way, sort of like the last frontier of clean country farms.

Dales Cannon

The Olden Dazed
Staff member
One of the design jobs I was involved with at first engineering position was a beach scourer. Mounted to the back of a 4wd tractor and uses the pto to slowly spin a mesh cage, scoup beneath picked up sand at whatever depth you set and the sand went through the mesh leaving detritus behind. Amazing the shit that people left behind at the beach. Council used it for a while then for some reason stopped. Probably too hard to coordinate operators and low tides. Pity it was very effective.

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
That's horrifying.
Yeah, interesting to see when they hit the bigger patches.

One of the design jobs I was involved with at first engineering position was a beach scourer. Mounted to the back of a 4wd tractor and uses the pto to slowly spin a mesh cage, scoup beneath picked up sand at whatever depth you set and the sand went through the mesh leaving detritus behind. Amazing the shit that people left behind at the beach. Council used it for a while then for some reason stopped. Probably too hard to coordinate operators and low tides. Pity it was very effective.
Were they the ones that gold coast council used for a while and found all the epidermic syringes in the sand?

The Dude

Likes Dirt
Stayed at Palm Beach a few times and they were using this on the beach some mornings. Haven't been down there for a couple of years, but it seemed quite effective judging by the volume of crap congregating in the basket. Nice job!

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Don't they have something similar for Bondi beach to clean up cigarette butts?