Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You have to start whacking someone/thing.

Unless you are retarded & think society will reorganise itself.
You're killing it with the pc comments...

Economies/companies/people have a funny habit of reconfiguring themselves to adapt to wack-a-mole situation. Shell can probably sub-contract the emissions off their balance sheet.

Broad based interventions such as cap and trade or carbon pricing lead to more pro social adaptation.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Broad based interventions such as cap and trade or carbon pricing lead to more pro social adaptation.
Policy which requires a democratic-driven implementation.

You'd have to be an idiot to think this will happen. I wish it would. I wish I was an idiot.

Anyway, that sort of "fix" is all too little too late. Radical legislation is all that can resolve CC now, science says so.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Another few inches of sea level rise we’ll be there don’t worry.
If you guys could all ease up on the warming please? I'm pretty close to the water and. It confident that the authorities are going to be component at removing my neighbour's house but stopping the water in front of mine.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
From the article above:
This would be fine if it were a consistent approach, but if there had been a catastrophic wind farm fire resulting in hospitals without power, would the facility be described neutrally, as a “power plant”? We all know the answer to that.
The narrative is insidious in this cunty country.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
How can a 20 year old plant be a flagship? Meh.
Did ye read thee articleee?

Coal is both reliable and affordable. New clean coal technology means ultra-supercritical generators can use a pulverized coal combustion system operating at a higher temperature and pressure to generate a reliable supply, with up to 50 per cent fewer emissions than conventional coal-fired power stations. Utilising that new technology to meet demand and replace older high emissions technology is an obvious choice. We are blessed with coal in North Queensland. The solution to the problem of unaffordable power is coal-fired power generation. We must have it if we want industries and jobs to grow, particularly in the North.
'Tis flagship to those "in the know".

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It may be one of 4 supercritical units in the country but it isn't even the flagship for those. That sc tech was available in 1973.