Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Another wanker who just wants to invest in green tech to make some dosh:

This too:

Where the fuck does he quote climate science?

Safe atmospheric levels are generally agreed to be ~350ppm, where do his plans sit WRT meeting these targets?

View attachment 373580

We're at 420ppm and climbing. Even if we level out our kids are still FUCKED!

When will the general population realise we are in a CLIMATE EMERGENCY!
When they can see and feel it, when crops are failing, when there's water rations, when their houses wash away, when storms and fires tear apart our lands (worse than what we've seen already, when there's wars over fertile land, etc... Which of course is far, far too late.

I admire your optimism that this will predominantly only effect the next generation though. One thing I always find it incredibly ironic how all the soccer mums buy giant new SUVs every few years to keep their precious darlings safe. Good long term planning!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Prof Mark Howden, director of ANU’s Institute for Climate Energy and Disaster Solutions, a vice-chair of the IPCC and an author of the academy report, says its finding on 1.5C is consistent with peer-reviewed evidence. He points to a February study in the journal Communications Earth & Environment that found most countries were not on track to meet the targets they had pledged under the Paris agreement, and the probability of keeping heating below even 2C was only 5%.
It's an odds game, after all. A game of probability.

Would you bet everything you own on a 95% chance you'd lose it???

Minlak

custom titis
They never learnt anything from Agent Orange. I bet it's some type of standoff between paying out people that have lung disease from it because it's a hard thing to prove over many years.
I know a Vietnam Veteran that was exposed to Agent Orange - He has health issues and it was decided as he was also carrying extra weight they should perform a gastric bypass to assist. He started going down hill fast and they had to reverse it - he is actually in the situation now where losing weight will kill him.

"Dioxin levels are a proxy of Agent Orange exposure, as the chemical remains stored in fat cells long after other constituents of the herbicide have disappeared from the body."

Flow-Rider

Burner
I know a Vietnam Veteran that was exposed to Agent Orange - He has health issues and it was decided as he was also carrying extra weight they should perform a gastric bypass to assist. He started going down hill fast and they had to reverse it - he is actually in the situation now where losing weight will kill him.

"Dioxin levels are a proxy of Agent Orange exposure, as the chemical remains stored in fat cells long after other constituents of the herbicide have disappeared from the body."
I have a long history of farmers in my family and all of them have some type of lung disease and or cancer. When you ask hospitals what caused the lung problems, they don't even want to know about it or can't really give you an answer, or maybe they don't want to.

You're in farming land, you will hear and see a lot about the causes of pesticides, it's like the cancer clusters in North Queensland caused from the old tobacco growing days.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Perhaps with multinational mega farms they just want it to be easy to buy massive supplies of poison and ship it to where they need it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Perhaps with multinational mega farms they just want it to be easy to buy massive supplies of poison and ship it to where they need it.
They already can, it's regulated how it's stored and at what time of fruiting they can use it. Relaxing the laws in normal backyards will be silly, because most people will not see an immediate effect of the misuse of the chemicals but later down along the track the results will be irreversible.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
They never learnt anything from Agent Orange. I bet it's some type of standoff between paying out people that have lung disease from it because it's a hard thing to prove over many years.
They learnt a lot. They just don’t care. A common mistake is thinking a government is stupid or ignorant - they’re not.

They simply care about themselves and money more, simple as that. I’m sure there are all sorts of twisted philosophies created to assist in “justifying” themselves, but again, they really just don’t care.

Flow-Rider

Burner
They learnt a lot. They just don’t care. A common mistake is thinking a government is stupid or ignorant - they’re not.

They simply care about themselves and money more, simple as that. I’m sure there are all sorts of twisted philosophies created to assist in “justifying” themselves, but again, they really just don’t care.
Yeah, unfortunately they learnt that they can get away with it, but how much does it cost society in the long run every time someone goes into an ICU ward with respiratory problems and plus the ongoing care needed? If they admit to fault, it will open up floodgates to claims so that the affected people can have a better life of what's left of it.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I have a long history of farmers in my family and all of them have some type of lung disease and or cancer. When you ask hospitals what caused the lung problems, they don't even want to know about it or can't really give you an answer, or maybe they don't want to.

You're in farming land, you will hear and see a lot about the causes of pesticides, it's like the cancer clusters in North Queensland caused from the old tobacco growing days.
There's about a 7x risk of acquiring MND in the Wagga and Riverina area, I remember it being reported a few years ago. Nothing suss..

slowmick

38-39"
Well above average number of Parkinson's cases in Yarrawonga and surrounds - couldn't possibly be related to farming...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I often wonder if the resources that would largely otherwise go to new vehicle production would be better utilised in building covered pathways along shared pathways and major arterials to encourage more people to walk or cycle in a variety of weather conditions. Not necessarily fully enclosed, no air-con - just enough to keep the rain off and reduce wind. At least it would be shared infrastructure that would benefit all.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Annual emissions from SUVs rose to more than 700 megatonnes of CO2, and if SUV drivers were a country, they would be the seventh in the world for carbon emissions.

business-56647128