Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Life of vehicle emissions from a Tesla are a fraction of the ram though. It’s simplistic and misleading to look at manufacturing emissions only.
The point is that building many of either is still an issue. Pretty clear by now that hifi isn't advocating for more super-duty monster "truck" sales.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The point is that building many of either is still an issue. Pretty clear by now that hifi isn't advocating for more super-duty monster "truck" sales.
Sure, but you’re not going to get people to stop buying cars full stop. VW, Tesla and others are aware of the optics at least of manufacturing emissions though and all have statements about how they address the issue.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yes.

I’m advocating for private car ownership to start declining, with a move to shared vehicle use.

And oooh - “a statement”.

Climate change doesn’t respond to promises, it responds to emissions.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yes.

I’m advocating for private car ownership to start declining, with a move to shared vehicle use.

And oooh - “a statement”.

Climate change doesn’t respond to promises, it responds to emissions.
I had assumed you would go and actually look at the statements and come to a more nuanced assessment of their merits...

But are some emissions more morally betterer than others? ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can we change the statement slightly? I think

Climate change doesn’t respond to promises, it responds to actions.

Is more accurate. But removing the word emissions does give people the opportunity to ignore emissions as the problem that requires action.

Greed and corruption will overcome all common sense though. The masses will follow out of laziness and entitlement.

...and yes, fuck those behemoth cars. But not just them.

I can't wait until reverend musk announces he has the ability to build massive biodomes for our new and improved lives.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck you, airlines:

You know when you read it from Qantas' perspective, it really is a revolutionary business move! Such a great way to put the gloominess of this pandemic behind you for a few hours and remember how great it is to fly!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Imagine being a sucker who paid $800 for a QANTAS scenic flight and didn’t get a window seat.
The burn! I want to know if it is full service? I flew Qantas recently and there was nothing in flight. No entertainment, no food, no drinks, nothing...$800 for a $700 flight is a lot of money. If you just wanted to fly you could probably do a domestic return and save. At $800 I'd be wanting hors d'oeuvres and cocktails on demand! And maybe a wristy too, one I didn't have to give myself.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Nope. I'm carbon aware & carbon miserly & carbon guilty.

It's really bloody hard without legislation.
x2. Our bank is giving a 3 month mortgage break for "greening" works to people's homes, we're looking at double glazing, and/or a battery to complement our solar.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Me going from fuck all to zero won't fix anything.

We need proper legislation to produce the 7% emissions per annum decline mandated by the science.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Me going from fuck all to zero won't fix anything.

We need proper legislation to produce the 7% emissions per annum decline mandated by the science.

Lucky we have a switched on prime minister who is really proactive when dealing with climate change.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Bullshit.

"Other people?" Legislation is the only answer - this problem cannot be resolved by individual actions.

I don't believe you realise the magnitude of the problem.