Pinkbike Academy (competition)

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It's better this year, more racing, slightly more diversity, nobody pretending to be the bad-ass guy.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah I started it again this year out of curiosity, and it is betterish. Personally I think the eliminations happen much too early in the season. Someone in the Pinkbike comment section quite rightly pointed out it’s not much of an academy when all they do is eliminate people. There doesn’t seem to be much/any teaching going on, so if you’re not already one of the best riders in their chosen group there seems little chance to succeed or benefit. I’m not in the “everyone deserves a prize” camp, but would like to see a few challenges and a rolling leaderboard in use, so the contestants get to hang around and try different things and maybe actually get some skills benefit from the experience.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Hmmmm.... might have to give it another go. The dude who won last year (NZ bloke?) seems pretty insightful and intelligent. I like reading his stuff / watching his videos on Pinkbike.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Yeah I started it again this year out of curiosity, and it is betterish. Personally I think the eliminations happen much too early in the season. Someone in the Pinkbike comment section quite rightly pointed out it’s not much of an academy when all they do is eliminate people. There doesn’t seem to be much/any teaching going on, so if you’re not already one of the best riders in their chosen group there seems little chance to succeed or benefit. I’m not in the “everyone deserves a prize” camp, but would like to see a few challenges and a rolling leaderboard in use, so the contestants get to hang around and try different things and maybe actually get some skills benefit from the experience.
Yep agree, eliminations are part and parcel of this reality genre but this would actually be more exciting and true to the name if they all stayed and raced with a rolling leaderboard to play out all their skills across the board. Maybe half way through a few of the low ranks are dropped. I hope there's a bonus spot prize if they beat the mystery pros, without spoiling, it looks like one of them did in the latest ep but had a time penalty which pushed them under.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the pros - came and stayed with them for the first 2 weeks - offering skills / promotion/ general info on being a 'Mountain Bike Rider with sponsership '

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And yeah Flo is a machine !
Super Fast / highly skilled and fit - i think the Mental strength she has will go well - also the Laura ? the Army officer - knows when to push and understands risk/reward

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I might have to do a binge catch up tonight, been a fckt up 8 days at work... industry rushing through stuff that will fall victim to corona lockdown/quarantine/segregation or whatever is going to come in a couple of weeks.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
All caught up to EP4... its ok, will watch the rest of the episodes as its MTB and I'm now interested in who wins.

Looking like Emmett and Flo but the young girl Kyra is putting in 110% and Kiwi Bradley is going well too.