Pinkbike Academy (competition)

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could be OK, as long as they don't rely the manipulation/conniving stuff that seems to be the staple diet of reality TV

moorey

call me Mia
My wife and daughter love Survivor and The Block....it does kinda have that stink. Could be interesting, can’t say I’ll be watching it though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think it is....just not intentionally
I was watching it thinking (grim donut) piss take (all over again) for sure with the over the top cliche real reals reality stuff. Then ifht guy sealed the deal for me. I'm happy to be wrong, but am confident.

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks. I must be getting old, I didn't realise pinkbike did satire
I am equally old....probably older....I didn't know what IFHT was, and never really 'got' their previous vids. Just watching a couple of the old ones now, and seeing numerous faces pop up in the Academy vid. Sorry @hifiandmtb, I think you got punked.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm pretty sure we have seen all there is to come...

From the IFHT collection, they really peaked with I only ride park and I'm faster than you. There was a comical throw down type comp a while back when one of them broke his leg and had some sort of medical scooter rather than crutches. Otherwise I find it is generally too Canadian and many generations too young.

Except a vid they put out a long time ago tying to throw a whip and spank some dudes bare arse with it over a big jump at whistler. Toilet humour is universal.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm pretty sure we have seen all there is to come...

From the IFHT collection, they really peaked with I only ride park and I'm faster than you. There was a comical throw down type comp a while back when one of them broke his leg and had some sort of medical scooter rather than crutches. Otherwise I find it is generally too Canadian and many generations too young.

Except a vid they put out a long time ago tying to throw a whip and spank some dudes bare arse with it over a big jump at whistler. Toilet humour is universal.
The humour is too much low hanging fruit. It's the equivalent of our 'new bike time'....though they aren't being ironic.