Pike Ultimate

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
So this article appeared on PB - apparently a new super-dooper Pike spotted in the wild...

Any guesses as to what's going to be different compared with the current model, and how much extra $ram are going to expect us to fork out for it?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A new hsc/lsc adjustment system that doesn't eat itself? 20x110 axle?

Honestly, compared to a Mattoc Pro which also has the IRT spring I don't see the point of a Pike.

Sram can eat a bag of dicks.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
20x110 axle?
My money is on this haha. They will still call it a new standard.

*Edit: Actually bear with me but I rekon they are going to do a tapered thru axle. A bigger bearing for the brake side to make it last longer (or whatever bs). The first picture looks like the hub itself is pretty tapered. So you heard it here first: 10-20mm tapered thru axle.

Oddjob

*Edit: Actually bear with me but I rekon they are going to do a tapered thru axle. A bigger bearing for the brake side to make it last longer (or whatever bs). The first picture looks like the hub itself is pretty tapered. So you heard it here first: 10-20mm tapered thru axle.
What like a lefty hub? I just vomited into my mouth.

Oddjob

Lefties rule dude, well with bikes anyway, not politics
You've obviously never had to service or live with one long term. Migrating bearings are the work of the devil.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
What like a lefty hub? I just vomited into my mouth.
Hahaha. Yeah I tried to be objective with the pictures but couldn't help notice that front hub looks a bit strange. So yeah sort of like a lefty hub but with thread on the other side to bolt the axle onto.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Just looks like a version of this:

https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/sram-predictive-steering-hub

Been around for a while...

safreek

You've obviously never had to service or live with one long term. Migrating bearings are the work of the devil.

Had two leftiez for about a year each, both second hand and had no dramas, that said, I didn't put 1000s of kms on them

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
U-turn?

Whatever the deal is it worked for Keegan, he had a cracker of a week on the bike

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
One of the commenters on that PB article posted some translated specs for a Lyrik Ultimate from a Taiwanese website. Mentions Charger 2.1 RC2 damper with some sort of special sauce... err oil... and slippery seals. Unsurprisingly, most of those commenters are as cynical as us. My fave: maybe "ultimate" stands for "we finally figured out how to make a bolt-on fender"