Photo of the Day

.BP.

Likes Dirt
got three place in todays pod 1st 3rd 5th pity the submitters didn't give credit to the photographer even though I asked for it to be done when I put the Awaba pics up do they really think I would not notice. Really makes me want to put pics up in the future...............
Its great that you make it to the races and get quality pics of the riders but unfortunatly the riders just abuse it. Im not very familuar with these things but i have seen alot of photos with the potograpers name in the botom corner or somewhere on the pic.

Is it too hard to do that? Just a suggestion.

Cheers

hotazell

Likes Dirt
Its great that you make it to the races and get quality pics of the riders but unfortunatly the riders just abuse it. Im not very familuar with these things but i have seen alot of photos with the potograpers name in the botom corner or somewhere on the pic.

Is it too hard to do that? Just a suggestion.

Cheers
I will be putting a watermark through the pic in the future. But is it too hard to credit the photographer. There is a reminder on POD saying that if the pic is not yours do you have permission to use it. When I posted the links up with the pics I asked if people did use them for POD to give credit. Obviously they made the decision just to use them without permission.

Moony

Likes Dirt
hotazell, your photos are great...and you snapped like 5 to 10 pics of me from each race.
it would be disappointing for the majority to miss out on this in the future due to a few idiots not following some very simple instructions!

seriously...it's not that hard: "photo by Hotazell"

obviously your name in the bottom corner of the photo would be great - giving you credit and the rider gets the whole photo, but isn't that heaps more work? (or is there a way of watermarking a whole album?)

ferntreekid

Likes Bikes
obviously your name in the bottom corner of the photo would be great - giving you credit and the rider gets the whole photo, but isn't that heaps more work? (or is there a way of watermarking a whole album?)
several ways you can do it - in CS4 you can record an action using the actions/history panel, then use the automate feature on your whole album, or in LR get the LRmogrify plugin...

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dhpotter , just ripping photos from the web and submitting them for potd ?

Do you have one tenth of a clue ????

Moron

Hey Hux, only just noticed your reply here!

Yeah, it's a bit of a catch 22. On the one hand, it's great that people are seeing and obviously enjoying your photos, but on the other, some recognition (and ideally the small amount of cash that we ask) would be nice. I don't think any of us shooting rider photos at races are out there to get rich, we just enjoy being out there trying to capture the best photos we can for you. It's nice to be able to cover transport costs at the very least!

Preaching to the choir in this thread I'm guessing!

Shredden

Knows his goats
Would we get in trouble if we were to buy the pics then submit them? There is an absolute fucking banger of me from youies!

Hey Shredden, I haven't read through the entire discussion on this thread, so don't know whether or not it's evolved, but from what I can tell the original idea was to post photos that you've taken. However there is something in there about asking permission (and giving credit)...If it's one of mine I'd prefer to submit it myself...gotta get off my arse and break into the hall of fame :single_eye:

Just wanted to thank you for fantastic photos that ensure my work remains undone, no matter how angry my boss is.

Last edited:

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gonna revive an old thread here cos I'm pretty fucking pumped on this. First Suicide to dirt!!! I was buzzing for hours afterwards. I know that it's not all that special but for me, when I got back into riding 5 years ago, I never thought I'd even think about doing something like this (yes I know, deliberately bad grammar there) so to be turning 45 in 11 days and landing this yesterday I'm pretty fucking stoked!!!

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Gonna revive an old thread here cos I'm pretty fucking pumped on this. First Suicide to dirt!!! I was buzzing for hours afterwards. I know that it's not all that special but for me, when I got back into riding 5 years ago, I never thought I'd even think about doing something like this (yes I know, deliberately bad grammar there) so to be turning 45 in 11 days and landing this yesterday I'm pretty fucking stoked!!!
View attachment 370623
Green Valleys? If so, did you do any prep on the airbag?

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Green Valleys? If so, did you do any prep on the airbag?
Yeah mate. I’ve wanted to have a crack at this for ages but could never nut up. But with the airbag progress was fast!!! I did one dead sailor to test it. Then two toboggans then straight into the suicide. Did probably a dozen into the bag then went fuck it let’s do it to dirt. I’d never even attempted one before that so from zero to landed in less than half a day. And I was pretty confident when I went and did it too. Can’t say enough good things about the airbag.