percentage of riders who use Strava

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Seems we have three main positions on Strava, and maybe we are more opinionated on strava than anything else?

Let's talk about maintenance logging. Thanks to documented interoperability between apps and services, Wahoo's ride tracker can feed its data into Strava, strava can feed its data into Facebook, etc, etc.

Some kind gent has written a maintenance logging service that uses Strava's bike km total to send you an email at set km distances.

www.Fitbikealert.com

I need to perform maintenance at time intervals, only way at the moment is look at my average speeds to gauge an approximate km/time interval to send me an email to remind me to perform 50hr suspension services.

I'm all ears if someone has a better approach.
Why can't the same sort of thing be written using Strava's moving time data?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Why can't the same sort of thing be written using Strava's moving time data?
I've asked the developer this exact question, and if he's willing to publish his works under a general public license (free) and I might be able to modify accordingly. The Strava API lets one retrieve all previous rides

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I've asked the developer this exact question, and if he's willing to publish his works under a general public license (free) and I might be able to modify accordingly. The Strava API lets one retrieve all previous rides
The developer is looking to add time based notifications soon.

Patio

Likes Bikes
This FitBikeAlert sounds interesting.

I've been manually entering my cycle computer data into an Excel spreadsheet for years (still seems to amuse my riding mates regularly) and using the numbers to know how many Ks the chainset/wheelset/brakes/tyres on each bike has done. It all falls down if I don't keep updating the data. No alerts though. It started as an exercise to learn more about Excel and in interest as to how much use I get out of various parts rather than using it to alert me to change parts. I wouldn't want to be relying on the numbers to tell me when things are worn you definitely should be giving your bikes a good look over regularly for any problems and then not ignoring them (I still remember seeing a frayed rear derailleur cable prior to a 100K race and thinking she'll be right only for it to break 10Ks into the race!! :frusty:)

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
Actual percentages...

So this thread is long dead and had completely digressed but I'm going to take it back to its original point. We've had a trail counter on the entrance to 3 of our four loops here at Yackandandah, and of the 2200 riders who've passed the counter in the last 2 months around 500 also registered a ride on Strava. So for our relatively non technical cross country tracks around 25% of riders are using Strava. This might be useful information for others who are trying to estimate track usage data.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So this thread is long dead and had completely digressed but I'm going to take it back to its original point. We've had a trail counter on the entrance to 3 of our four loops here at Yackandandah, and of the 2200 riders who've passed the counter in the last 2 months around 500 also registered a ride on Strava. So for our relatively non technical cross country tracks around 25% of riders are using Strava. This might be useful information for others who are trying to estimate track usage data.
Strava just gives the one segment where it will say 500 people have ridden it in the past 2 months. The same rider could have rode it 3 times a week for 2 months... 3 x 8 weeks, clicked over 24 visits on your clicker and only one registered segment lap on strava (which is his/her fastest one).

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
So I've finally jumped on board, mostly because Strava does a better job of keeping track of stuff I want kept track of than Runkeeper. I'm not expecting to ever be on any kind of leader board; even if I was the first person ever to ride a trail I'd built myself, I'd probably still show up as 13th or something.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
So I've finally jumped on board, mostly because Strava does a better job of keeping track of stuff I want kept track of than Runkeeper. I'm not expecting to ever be on any kind of leader board; even if I was the first person ever to ride a trail I'd built myself, I'd probably still show up as 13th or something.
Yeah strava is awesome for cataloguing rides, I've used it since 2009, so easy, plus good way to find new tracks. I just discovered the flyby? Feature, great to see other riders in race compare sections etc..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk