Pedal kickback

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it was worst when climbing. I'd be winching away in granny gear, clamber up onto a square edge and next second the cranks are trying to rotate themselves backwards (with some considerable force at times). If you tried to fight it before momentum had started moving the wheel in an upwards trajectory and onto the obstacle a little it felt like the suspension was suddenly locked out solely due to the rapid rise in chainforce.
I have learned more about this topic in the last 2 days than I thought possible. I have noticed the nearly exact same thing as Dr Beeb on my Trance 29. Maybe it's due to the Maestro suspension set up. Very similar to the DW. Just ask Weagle and Giant's hire guns, er. ah...I mean lawyers.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
...but not anymore.

That thing looks sweet though. Looks like they might've solved the seatpost insertion limitations of the ENR too.
Sell a few bikes ;) Surprised not more manufacturers are using I-track.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Sell a few bikes ;)
Nah, I like the current fleet and the Sentinel is already borderline 'too much' for my needs.

Surprised not more manufacturers are using I-track.
Agreed, it's an excellent platform. Now the obsession with having ultra-short chainstays on everything is waning, it is more relevent than ever.

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Sell a few bikes ;) Surprised not more manufacturers are using I-track.
Yeah agreed. It was the ENR that piqued my interest in HP bikes, their complete builds were great value too. But just too small and then through a roundabout route I ended up with the Highlander.

That Terra bike looks really tidy, I like it.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah agreed. It was the ENR that piqued my interest in HP bikes, their complete builds were great value too. But just too small and then through a roundabout route I ended up with the Highlander.

That Terra bike looks really tidy, I like it.
Do you need me to convince you, or are you typing in your digits already? :p

jrewing

Eats Squid
I liked my crafty. In 29er with less rearward travel and more suspension travel it’d be one mean machine.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Indeed I do. When that ad went up here without the size listed I made some involuntary noises.