Parramatta/ Castle Hill/ Central Sydney Rides

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well it looks like the castle hill thread is gone, and im now riding again (albeit starting slowly), so is anyone keen for xc this week? im looking at wednesday or thursday night, starting at 6pm from Lake Parra car park. Will ride with lights for around 1hr, not too hectic as my wrist is not 100%.

then DH maybe this weekend, pending how i feel. if i feel average, then hard XC sat morning for approx 2hrs

michaelg

Likes Dirt
well it looks like the castle hill thread is gone, and im now riding again (albeit starting slowly), so is anyone keen for xc this week? im looking at wednesday or thursday night, starting at 6pm from Lake Parra car park. Will ride with lights for around 1hr, not too hectic as my wrist is not 100%.

then DH maybe this weekend, pending how i feel. if i feel average, then hard XC sat morning for approx 2hrs
Hey Russ,
Haven't ridden much myself !
I may come for a wander around Parramatta on Wednesday or Thursday see what time I get home.
Will text you if I am in if thats ok. (as well as keep an eye on this thread)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
might be able to make 6pm this week, on Wednesday only though.

let me know and I'll confirm tomorrow ... you'll have to give me directions.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wed is fine for me, its after my physio appointment but i shouldnt be sore. meeting point is at corner of lackey and bourke st, parramatta.

rotorub

Likes Dirt
I'll bring some goods. :D and some black doctor for post ride sugar rebalancing :cool:
I lived on the edge of Westmead when I was 9 & 10. Just behind Parramatta Golf course. Not too far from Paramatta high.

I remember riding my BMX around there when I was a Kid. Am curious.

To ask a serious but dumb question(s) where does one ride a MTB off road in Parramatta? Is it a road ride? Do you just curise around Parramatta park?
Or do yo just meet in Parramatta and then head out to the trails elsewhere?

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hi mate, we generally ride selected trails in the reserve between parra and castle hill, not in parra park. lake parra reserve is the southern end of it. otherwise castle hill has some reasonable tracks.

all off-road with small asphalt connections if we have to.

Shoryuken

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Id love to come riding with you rotorburners, but everytime i see i ride id like to attend its at night.... You all have watched to many twilight movies and never ride in the day? :p

Im at Baulkham Hills. And I mostly hit up Dural/ Hornsby areas.
It would be awesome to do a Para/Fred C/ Excel run with the local experts.
I got this week 100% free, Anyone interested?

XC/DH i dont mind, but prefer the more AM+ side of things :)

taibo

Eats Squid
Sam...we are mostly likely going to do a decent xc ride Saturday morning...where you thinking? Be keen to hit uP appin...

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,

Id love to come riding with you rotorburners, but everytime i see i ride id like to attend its at night.... You all have watched to many twilight movies and never ride in the day? :p

Im at Baulkham Hills. And I mostly hit up Dural/ Hornsby areas.
It would be awesome to do a Para/Fred C/ Excel run with the local experts.
I got this week 100% free, Anyone interested?

XC/DH i dont mind, but prefer the more AM+ side of things :)
we normally ride night during winter because after work its too dark. generally on the weekend i ride dh unless theres an xc race. sometimes dh at excel.

Sam...we are mostly likely going to do a decent xc ride Saturday morning...where you thinking? Be keen to hit uP appin...
appin would be fine, never been there so dont know anyway. but depends how i go wed night with the arm - im pushing it pretty hard. if its mint i might even ride dh :)

michaelg

Likes Dirt
Russ The Dog,

We still looking good for tomorrow night ???

Will check for update post tomorrow about 12.30pm.
Cheers
Michaelg

taibo

Eats Squid
sam are you going to be riding this at some crazy pace? my legs are shot and probably wont be able to keep up with your usual antics :)

Hey_Yeti

Likes Bikes
sam are you going to be riding this at some crazy pace? my legs are shot and probably wont be able to keep up with your usual antics :)
You maddogs! I would join you but my lights aren’t charged! Maybe I can get away with half charging them after work?

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sick ride tonight michael, cheers. awesome to be back on the bike. the stiffness on the front end of the giant is awesome.

oh yeah found some more singletrack at lake parra, heaps in fact. lucky surprise find! some of it is pretty mad too.

Last edited:

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
roflers, this weekend i can only ride sunday but i can ride all day. dont care if its dh or xc - if its DH ill be using my xc helmet. if its xc ill be using my xc helmet.

if anyone's keen for anything let me know otherwise ill just chug out whenever i feel like it.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so this weeks rides coming up, let me just put it out there already:

Tuesday night. 6pm. Lake Parra, one point five hours of awesome.

Thursday night, as above.

Saturday morning. XC ride, maybe 8am? Dont care where. Lake Parra is obviously easy for me and awesome.

Sunday. Ride DH all day. Dont care where but some of you guys want to go to ourimbah? Im ready to rock and roll, all i need is a helmet! hahah! if my new one doesnt come this week, can i borrow yours Al?