Opinions please :-)

Oldas

Likes Dirt
Hi Roturburners and motherFarkiner's :D

I'm getting a new Road bike and id like to hear your opinions on the following that I am considering -

2010 Cannondale Six 3, Cannondale CAAD 9_1 and Cannondale CAAD 9_4

I love the look of the Six 3 but the CAAD 9_4 looks the go with a wheel swap.

What do you guys think?

:)

Last edited:

ducan

Likes Dirt
I looked at the Six's this year for an upgrade but I really didn't love the feel of the bike after I rode it.
I've been a long time Cannondale fan, don't get me wrong, but if it was up to me I would be looking at the CAAD. For me 2008 seemed like there peak when they where coming out with the SUPERSIX and the SIX13 which i even ended up buying.
But for 2009 I would be getting a CAAD or an old 08 model if you can find one. Or maybe even wait for 2010 if your not dying for it!.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is a no brainer, the caad9 is still considered one of the best aluminium bikes you can buy!

A quick browse of a few international forums will show that for its money, a caad9 is a beauty!

The new model caad9's have the BB30 bottom bracket which is a huge bonus on an already great machine!

From what I have heard the six is heavy and a real letdown from cannondale. A new model, just for the sake of it!

Cheers

Brad

toby

Likes Dirt
This is a no brainer, the caad9 is still considered one of the best aluminium bikes you can buy!

A quick browse of a few international forums will show that for its money, a caad9 is a beauty!

The new model caad9's have the BB30 bottom bracket which is a huge bonus on an already great machine!

From what I have heard the six is heavy and a real letdown from cannondale. A new model, just for the sake of it!

Cheers

Brad

Your response needs more !!!!

toby

Likes Dirt
^^^^ haha well. As someone who tests bikes for a living you know I just don't give out my opinion for free you know ;)

Seriously the CAAD 9 is loved by a lot of crit racers and people who do serious training for a reason. Well built, good handling great value frames that can be built up light if you want.

The newer carbon 'dales have most people remembering the good old days when they focused on building great alloy frames.

Next year the CAAD frames go offshore.. dunno if this will make a difference but USA CAADs could be come a collectors item.

Personally I would go this over the carbon frames and buy the best groupset level you can afford. Or if you really need carbon go an secondhand Six13 if you can find one.

Oldas

Likes Dirt
Hey Toby thanks for the reply.

If i go a CAAD 9 which i will, would you go Ultegra or Rival?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Glad to see that you are choosing the Caad 9, it will not let you down!

Also i am unsure why my response needed more toby, but will admit i just typed a quick response as i only had limited time?

What else would you like to know?

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate I am on a CAAD9 - I've barely taken it out yet, only for a few ~80km training rides - but it is beautiful.

Stiff - can you say stiff! Probably too stiff for some as it's farely unforgiving on pot-holes towards the end of the ride. Power transfer from legs to tar is nice.

I'm 178cm with a stumpy in-seam so am on a 54cm with a fair bit of chair out, but still have nice length of cocpit.

As has been said above - crit racers love these machines and they are indestructable. Drop and carbon one in a crit and you may have to say goodbye to it - where as the alloy frames will take the hits.

I test rode both '09 carbon C'dale, '09 CAAD9 and '09 alloy/carbon Giants and ended up going for the CAAD. I suggest you do the same. The CAAD frames are SIGNIFCANTLY cheaper than the carbon ones so spend up on spec & wheels!

toby

Likes Dirt
Glad to see that you are choosing the Caad 9, it will not let you down!

Also i am unsure why my response needed more toby, but will admit i just typed a quick response as i only had limited time?

What else would you like to know?
I just admiring all the "!!!!!!!!" in your response... every paragraph ended with one.

I'll go back to my day job :)

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I see, apologies for that. Was trying to emphasise the need for the OP to buy a Caad i guess.

Anyway, back on topic, I have recently made the switch from a Caad9 (as my username suggests) to a Super Six.
I absolutely love the super six, although there is some noticeable difference in the ride between both.

The main areas are stiffness, as already mentioned by others and the responsiveness.
The Caads are just a really fun bike to ride.

If i was able to buy another new bike, I would buy another caad9 with bb30 and would love every minute spent on it!