Online retailers trusted/scammers

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A successful and issue free purchase from Bikeinn.com with delivery from 25/10 arriving yesterday.
Shipping from Bikeinn is steep, I would like 3 x tyres and its $73 postage, which throws the price over $80 a tyre, a bridge too far when they are not actually needed... just a 'would like'.

DuncanJenkins

Likes Bikes
Shipping from Bikeinn is steep, I would like 3 x tyres and its $73 postage, which throws the price over $80 a tyre, a bridge too far when they are not actually needed... just a 'would like'.
Bikecomponents have Dissectors but the delivery was too steep.

Worth it if you're ordering a load of Wera tools though. Have you seen the price difference compared to the Aus importer? :eek:

ozzybmx

Bikecomponents have Dissectors but the delivery was too steep.

Worth it if you're ordering a load of Wera tools though. Have you seen the price difference compared to the Aus importer? :eek:
Currently waiting on a BikeComponents and a Bike24.

Have stepped away from Maxxis after several shitty tyre failures and a few brand new tyres with wobbles. Michelin and Vittoria are the flavour of the year, pity both have no stock.

I already have a couple of sets of the Wera keys, cant use that as a justification for an order.

Bike24 is letting 100% and TLD helmets through if you want a postage buffer.

DuncanJenkins

Likes Bikes
Currently waiting on a BikeComponents and a Bike24.

Have stepped away from Maxxis after several shitty tyre failures and a few brand new tyres with wobbles. Michelin and Vittoria are the flavour of the year, pity both have no stock.

I already have a couple of sets of the Wera keys, cant use that as a justification for an order.

Bike24 is letting 100% and TLD helmets through if you want a postage buffer.
Did you end up trying the Pirellis? I think I saw you posted something to that effect.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Same here... trying to get a fcking 29x2.35 Barzo for the front of the XC bike.. BikeInn is the only place that has them. Thought I'd chuck a Mazza in the cart too just to try it out - $60 with Auspost shipping and an estimated delivery of mid-Jan. $160 for DHL if you want it this year :oops:

BikeInn is good for small parts - the chainring and freehub etc I bought from them ~6 months ago for the Nic were cheap, and postage was quick.
Did you end up trying the Pirellis? I think I saw you posted something to that effect.
I just ordered Trail Soft and Trail Rear today as a bit of a gamble... will report back on how they go.

ozzybmx

Same here... trying to get a fcking 29x2.35 Barzo for the front of the XC bike.. BikeInn is the only place that has them. Thought I'd chuck a Mazza in the cart too just to try it out - $60 with Auspost shipping and an estimated delivery of mid-Jan. $160 for DHL if you want it this year :oops:
Same, 2 x Mazza, 1 x Agarro, $73 postage.

Not even worth going halfers on the shipping as internal shipping is $$$ and slow.

Hoping German stock ramps up soon, would be putting the Wild Enduros back on for Tassie anyway... If it happens.

No rush.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Hoping German stock ramps up soon, would be putting the Wild Enduros back on for Tassie anyway... If it happens.
Yeah, I'm going the other way for a bit... Taking the bike with me up north over Christmas so want to ditch the Assegai up front and shed the insert from the rear so it's more friendly for cruising around on mixed trails.

ozzybmx

Yeah, I'm going the other way for a bit... Taking the bike with me up north over Christmas so want to ditch the Assegai up front and shed the insert from the rear so it's more friendly for cruising around on mixed trails.
If it was more pedalling, I would go the same way but Derby, Maydena and Queenstown shuttles :)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

BikeInn is good for small parts - the chainring and freehub etc I bought from them ~6 months ago for the Nic were cheap, and postage was quick.

I just ordered Trail Soft and Trail Rear today as a bit of a gamble... will report back on how they go.
Try these.

Pirelli XC Hard Terrain 29 x 2.4

Replaced an admittedly old Barzo and I reckon it's better. Same rolling speed, but better edge grip. Seems to recover quicker when it does lose traction. I have them on both ends and I'm not struggling for grip.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Try these.
Will see how I like the Pirelli trail tyres first.

I'm a matchy matchy guy. Currently have Mezcals to go on front and rear as it does double duty as gravel bike, but want something a bit more grippy to swap in up front when it's damp/loose... prefer to keep the Vittoria thing going.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It as cheap for me...crank and shifter. Box the size of a 12 wine bottle box.