Online retailers trusted/scammers

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Not to excuse them, but from their site they're planning to move. I'd be guessing to a fully 3PL setup like MTBD, so no doubt they're a bit under the pump.

Still sucks that they are slow on your order dramas though!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
For those without google, 3PL is 3rd Part Logistics. Essentially moving all of their stock to an offsite warehouse/pick/pack/dispatch setup to keep up with increasing SKUs, stock holding and bring the overall cost of business down (in most cases). It does also usually mean a slight increase to order processing times, so just like MTBD, things will mostly go out next day instead of same day, but once you start hitting a certain size/volume/flow of goods, it's the only setup that really makes sense.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
For those without google, 3PL is 3rd Part Logistics. Essentially moving all of their stock to an offsite warehouse/pick/pack/dispatch setup to keep up with increasing SKUs, stock holding and bring the overall cost of business down (in most cases). It does also usually mean a slight increase to order processing times, so just like MTBD, things will mostly go out next day instead of same day, but once you start hitting a certain size/volume/flow of goods, it's the only setup that really makes sense.
Which tells me that MTBD's margins must be obscene!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
so just like MTBD, things will mostly go out next day instead of same day, but once you start hitting a certain size/volume/flow of goods, it's the only setup that really makes sense.
Pushys would have a larger volume of sales than MTBD anyway ?

Its a good idea, CRC did it back in the early 2000's, mail order took over their retail shop until they had no room to display bicycles, so they moved to a warehouse a little bit out of the town. No point using expensive retail premises for online sales storage.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Replacement/needed part was finally posted out today, took another call though. Mentioned that I understood that they were probably busy with the move, and judging by the laugh and reaction i'm guessing it's chaos over there at the moment. Supposedly the way E13 products are coded and organised had a part to play in the mixup too.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I placed an order with cyclestation.com.au, 5 days ago and it arrived today. I haven't used them before.

That's pretty reasonable in the current climate. No lollies though...

I'll be checking with them in the future for any bits I need.

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I placed an order with cyclestation.com.au, 5 days ago and it arrived today. I haven't used them before.

That's pretty reasonable in the current climate. No lollies though...

I'll be checking with them in the future for any bits I need.
Used em a bit. I find them good to deal with too
Yeah third that, I have used them a few times now and they have always been really good. Quick delivery to Canberra as well since it doesn't go through the Sydney or Melbourne vortexes, 24hrs from pick up in Albury to delivery. Also had to return a few things I had bought but we're wrong size etc, hadn't shipped yet so sent them an email and no problems refund into the account no hassles what so ever.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Anyone ordered from starbike before and can shine some light as to whether it is normal to see the following error (attached file) after payment?

I can see the order on my account, but it says "unconfirmed". I did not receive a single email from them saying the order has been received, and the bank said the transaction has gone through.

Attachments

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Anyone ordered from starbike before and can shine some light as to whether it is normal to see the following error (attached file) after payment?

I can see the order on my account, but it says "unconfirmed". I did not receive a single email from them saying the order has been received, and the bank said the transaction has gone through.
I see. Do you have an account at Starbike that you are login and check the status?
Drop them an email or give them a call - it is always a great way to practice different languages too :)

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I see. Do you have an account at Starbike that you are login and check the status?
Drop them an email or give them a call - it is always a great way to practice different languages too :)
Yes I have an account with them, and have checked the order status. It just says unconfirmed. So anyway, I dropped them an email with the screenshot to see if they can shine a light.

I find it strange that I didn't (still don't) receive any single email confirmation about the order. Very unusual.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Just an update on the starbike order. I finally received an order confirmation in email at 3pm, but no answer yet with regards to the website error. I have a feeling that orders and email confirmation are manually processed by these folks. Will update when I hear more.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Well starbike never answered my question about the website error, but my order has been dispatched - with tracking by DHL. I can confirm thus far it is a legit shop. Will report back if the item arrived dodgy, damaged, or doesn't arrive at all in few months time.