Online retailers trusted/scammers

driftking

Wheel size expert
A thread for everyone with experience with online retailers, hopefully this will become a list of trusted sites that users have used.
Any experience or submission is welcome, keep in mind if you submit it make sure it is right as they will not be checked, it is your responsibility to ensure it is trusted/safe/legitimate site before submitting. If you submit a site please make sure you are 100% positive it is trusted/legitimate. If it is a legitimate site but a poor service It can be added but you username will be down in red as not recommended.

NOTE: Please place a direct link to the website you used so any additions can be directly linked to the exact site. Also any +1 or -1 feedback should have a direct link. This ensures the list and feedback remains as accurate as possible at the time of submission.

So below will be a list of trusted/recommended sites based on users submissions and opinion. UB-Used by

TRUSTED

20twenty - UB gippyz
99bikes - UB ctguru, Minlak

Abbotsford cycles - UB Danny B
AEbike - UB sclyde2
American Classic - UB 4dabush
Americancycle - UB foxridersco
Avanti Plus - UB 4dabush
Aspire Velo Tech / AVT - UB FoxRidersCo, Danny B, markgab

Backcountry - UB Danny B
Baller racing - UB bell.cameron
Bicycles Online - UB motorhead
bigride - UB Australia
Bike24 - UB silentbutdeadly, danny B, John U
Bike Bug - UB frensham markgab
Bike-Components.de - UB c3024446, ctguru, Danny B, markgab
Bike-Discount.de - UB c3024446, SF Trailboy, sclyde2, OCD'R
Bike-Mailorder.de - UB foxridersco
Bikewagon - UB foxridersco, Danny B
Black Mountain Sports - UB 4dabush
Boggo Road Bike Hub - UB 4dabush

CELL Bikes - UB motorhead, ctguru, markgab, Danny B
Chain Reaction Cycles - UB trusted by many no need for user names
chunked - UB brendonj

Cotic - UB Danny B
Commuter cycles - UB Danny B
commencal - UB timecycle.fr
Creux - UB danny B
Cycle Sports UK - UB foxridersco
Cycling Deal - UB wkkie, ctguru
Cycling Express - UB motorhead, ctguru, sedifus

Dan's Comp - UB foxridersco
DHdirect - UB Pebble
DIYMTB - UB Willsy01, Unclefeet, EMF, Rone, PhillipJ
Dropzone - UB Pebble

Erina Bikeworx - UB silentbutdeadly
Evans Cycles - UB ctguru, scblack, Danny B, John U, sclyde2

ForTheRiders - UB 4dabush, SF Trailboy.

Get GU - UB motorhead
Giant Ashgrove - UB Oriion, yuley95

Jenson USA - UB trusted by many no need for user names
Jejamescycles - UB SF Trailboy

Koo bikes site - UB Knuckles
Koo bikes ebay store - UB Knuckles

Letour cycles - UB Rob_74
Letour cycles Ebay - UB Rob_74

Merlin Cycles - UB silentbutdeadly, Danny B
Moruya Bicyles - UB foxridersco, Monks
MotoCrossGIANT - UB matt24
Mountainbikes.net -UB ctguru
Mountain Bikes Direct - UB wkkie, speedyjonzalas, effarr, ctguru, madstace, Minlak, fridgie, cobramad, riderseventy7, Fraggler, sclyde2,knuckles,John U, AussieBen, hifiandmtb
My Mountain - UB silentbutdeadly

Niagara cycle - UB Flow-Rider

Outside Outfitters - UB foxridersco

Phantom cycles - UB Pebble
Pricepoint - UB goog64
Primera sports - UB \m/ Moshboy \m/
Pro Bike Kit - UBjaredP, smitho
Probikeshop - UB c3024446, cokeonspecialtwodollars

Pushys - UB motorhead, wkkie, ctguru, silentbutdeadly, Minlak, Figbo0t, Fraggler, Danny B, sclyde2, John U, Flow-Rider, creaky

r2-bike - UB c3024446
Real world cycling - UB brendonj
Rhythm Imports - UB foxridersco
Ribble Cycles - UB rotorub

Shotz Sports Nutrition - UB motorhead
SJS Cycles - UB silentbutdeadly
Stif Cycles - UB ctguru
Supercyclebikes Ebay - UB sedifus
TBE - The Bicycle Entrepreneur - UB Tubsy
The Bike Shed Mortdale - UB - trusted by many no need for user names
Torpedo7- UB - trusted by many no need for user names
tyronbike - UB psimpson7
TWE bicycles wheels -UB frank_n

Universal cycles - UB Danny B

Veloexpress - UB Danny B
Velogear - UB Chil, Monks, ctguru, richie_gt, Danny B
Velo Mine - UB Alo661, smitho, Danny B
Velo orange -UB Danny B

Wiggle- UB - trusted by many no need for user names
Wildfiresports - UB - Art Vanderlay
Winstanleys Bikes - UB foxridersco
Worldwide cyclery - UB SlowManiac

Yarra Valley Cycles - UB foxridersco, Driftking

Zelvy - UB special

Red is negative green is positive (As you would assume). CRC, TBSM and the other masses will be excluded from positive and negative as we will have thousands of people saying +1

big thanks to cobba, took it upon themselves to organize this in alphabetical order, saved me some time and ill try keep on top of keeping it nice and organized

Disclaimer:The sites are not checked by myself for clarification, legitimacy or current state of use. Whether or not a site is trusted or a scam is the responsibility of the user who suggested it in the thread, everyone will be responsible for there own submissions. Websites and businesses are subjected to change over time and the list may not be up to date with retailers moving, changing or closing their sites. 3/02/2013

Disclaimer B: This list is purely user opinion, based on their individual experience, one persons experience is not indicative of overall experience or everyone's experience, The opinions and feedback been individual also do not indicate overall quality of services provided, the accuracy of a users opinions, feedback or experiences are solely the individuals responsibility and accurate to their time of use, quality of services/sites may change overtime.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
So far i am looking for any info on http://www.motorcycleaccessoriesaustralia.com.au/
Anyone use them or ordered from them before? they seem trust-able but always like to make sure.
Seen them before but not used them. Mobile no and and a PO Box is unhelpful and there's no ABN - massive no no. Local ISP on NSW Central Coast. Local web design. Though their privacy statement is nicked from The Helmet Warehouse website - stupid, lazy but not unusual.

Only motorcycle mob listed for Maleny Post Code 4552 is TDC Motorcycles...try them?

Unless they are really offering something special...nope wouldn't bite.

driftking

Wheel size expert
So I ended up using http://www.mxfactory.com.au/
It has taken a little while I orders the item and 4 days later I had not received anything. I emailed them and didn't get anything in reply. due to the long weekend I left it than rang on the Tuesday, straight way the phone as answered and he said the item is getting shipped from Victoria to them and that he will chase it up and ring me back, sure enough less than an hour later he rings back says it will be getting shipped tomorrow and then he will send it off.
shipping hasn't been going great but so far I would use them again.

For me they are going on my trusted list.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
So I ended up using http://www.mxfactory.com.au/
It has taken a little while I orders the item and 4 days later I had not received anything. I emailed them and didn't get anything in reply. due to the long weekend I left it than rang on the Tuesday, straight way the phone as answered and he said the item is getting shipped from Victoria to them and that he will chase it up and ring me back, sure enough less than an hour later he rings back says it will be getting shipped tomorrow and then he will send it off.
shipping hasn't been going great but so far I would use them again.

For me they are going on my trusted list.
Thank goodness, halfway reading through that I was thinking *shitttt I bloody hope you didn't get cheated on...*

And yes I know that you have the link in the first post :)

Everyone knows TBSM can be well trusted. - www.tbsm.com.au

driftking

Wheel size expert
Added ^^ to the list of trusted. if anyone has been burnt or knows of scam sites they would be good to get on here too.
Any additional positive or negative comments about any of the already mentioned will be good too. if a trusted site has a bad rating I will state so with a tally of +/- next to it.

If the thread takes off it may save a lot of us some hassle in the future. I will try to keep it updated but I cant be checking all the sites mentioned so if you do suggest or submit a site please be sure its correct as I wont be checking everything submitted so wont be responsible for someone else submission.

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Thank goodness, halfway reading through that I was thinking *shitttt I bloody hope you didn't get cheated on...*

And yes I know that you have the link in the first post :)

Everyone knows TBSM can be well trusted. - www.tbsm.com.au
It crossed my mind too. Not getting an email back I was like "oh man" but with all the crazy floods/fire going around I gave it a little bit of slack and decided to wait over the Australia day weekend. It was good though how quick the help was. Quick answer simple here's the item number then rings back asap was great.
What is good too, when you pay for the item you get the proper receipt sent to your email from Bpay (I think its Bpay), you also get given a item number which you can then check on the website to see whats happening with the order. Once it was sent from them I was given the number that the auspost uses for that item. So I was pretty impressed with the amount of tracking and how promptly he had it fixed. They were also cheaper than CRC :) happy chap.

P.s that was standard post so it was well tracked for a stand delivery.

special

Likes Dirt
zelvy

http://zelvycarbon.com/?page_id=494

does anyone know about this site ? i bought one of their glory carbon down tube protector about 2 weeks ago and it still has not arrived yet from cairns to Canberra by normal post i emailed them and they have not responded either, i am wondering did i waste my $90 or what ?

mothy

Squid
Not sure about BikeBug ....

Not sure about BikeBug ....

They had a pretty limited stock last time I was in there. I guess if your after road bikes or Cannondales then they might be worth a look. They did appear kinda over priced too ...

http://www.bikebug.com/bikes-mtb-cannondale-scalpel-29er-carbon-ultimate-full-suspension-p-14549.html

and better value still at original price:

http://www.bikebug.com/bikes-mtb-silverback-surplus-1-mtb-bike-2011-p-633.html