Online retailers trusted/scammers

Calvin27

Eats Squid
They could have at least experimented with one site and left the other alone.

Also, rekon Rapha is gonna have a go at infringement for the logo? Looks awfully close imo.

nathanm

Eats Squid
When did Ay-Up become a bit shit? $11 for a standard post bag and the parts just chucked in a ziploc back, no instructions or care. Especially considering I paid $55 for a simple helmet mount for some long inferior lights.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Gave them a bit of feedback and this was the response:
View attachment 399137
A whole month gone by, and Wiggle is Still shit. Wiggle and CRC are not the bargain spots they used to be at times, but at least the sites had good search functions and filters. Now.... it's all "LOL sorry, we are all in a k-hole and CBF fixing the site, also here's some inflated prices! :D :p :D"

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
When did Ay-Up become a bit shit? $11 for a standard post bag and the parts just chucked in a ziploc back, no instructions or care. Especially considering I paid $55 for a simple helmet mount for some long inferior lights.
Sometime before 2018. That's when I bought my first set of Gloworm lights because they were literally twice as bright for $180. I even gave Ay-up a chance by emailing them before I bought the Gloworms asking if they planned on making any upgrades soon. No, we're happy with our product was their response. You'll notice there is no mention of any kind of brightness measurement on their website.

For the record that original Gloworm set, including the battery, are still going as strong as ever.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Sometime before 2018. That's when I bought my first set of Gloworm lights because they were literally twice as bright for $180. I even gave Ay-up a chance by emailing them before I bought the Gloworms asking if they planned on making any upgrades soon. No, we're happy with our product was their response. You'll notice there is no mention of any kind of brightness measurement on their website.

For the record that original Gloworm set, including the battery, are still going as strong as ever.
It's a pity, they are or at least were the best helmet mounted/helmet mounting system going.
Gloworms any good helmet mounted?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
It's a pity, they are or at least were the best helmet mounted/helmet mounting system going.
I've run a set of Gloworms for a few years now, printed a GoPro style mount for them to attach to and zero issues to report. Previous to this was a set of Light 'n Motion Stella 200, never really rated the Ay-Ups.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ayups were fantastic.... Back in 2007... Small, compact, light and bright! But then it seems they kinda figured, ahhhh fuckit, people like our shit, no point bothering to upgrade anything!

I still use them on my commuteas the bar lights & helmet light, just because they are so small and they will still get the notice of fuckwith drivers when you look right them, but for mountain biking it'smy Light & Motion Seca all the way. 800 on the noggin and 1400 on the bars, even at about 6 years olf it's still almost like cheating when they're on full brightness!

Edited to add, if AyUp added some decent modern LEDs into their form factor, they'd be onto another winner I reckon, but there are just so many better and/or cheaper options out there nowadays.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Yes! I haven't weighed either system but the two were pretty comparable. Like Ay-ups the lens are interchangeable. I have the G1.0 Alpha 1200 on my head and the G1.0 XSV on my bars. With both set to about 1/3rd power I have enough light to ride random rocky trails that I've never ridden before with no problems.

The only catch is Gloworms now have a G2.0 system, the two are not interchangable and a quick look at the website says the G1 Alphas are not available in Aus. I stocked up on G1.0 batteries as soon as I found out.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Bought some 2.3mm rotors from a random ebike store :eek: (I think I have also bought some ergon GA2 fats from them in the past.)

Dyson bikes in Melbourne. I saw they had 180mm 2.3mm rotors so I emailed asking if they can get 203mm ones. Same day reply "yes we can, couple of days to order and post out".

Emailed Wednesday last week. Posted Thursday last week. Delivered Monday.

Cheap as too.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I just bought something in-store at Pushys cheaper than I could buy it on the website.

Yakima holdup Evo:
  • Online - $749
  • In-store - $739
Today I am a god.

BTW, for the 'Berrans, the store will now price match the online prices, or so dude told me anyway.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I just bought something in-store at Pushys cheaper than I could buy it on the website.

Yakima holdup Evo:
  • Online - $749
  • In-store - $739
Today I am a god.

BTW, for the 'Berrans, the store will now price match the online prices, or so dude told me anyway.
That's a turnaround from the last time I asked....
Note: I understand why in-store is more expensive

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It could be an unspoken policy among staff because they are all sick of being asked to pride match and having the occasional Karen roast their ears about not matching.

ForkinGreat

It could be an unspoken policy among staff because they are all sick of being asked to price match and having the occasional Karen roast their ears about not matching.
I used to have the same issue at Bikebug before it was Borged by Pushys and all the stores were closed.
Staff would give you web price, but only if you asked.

ForkinGreat

this mob. $99 for a Nukeproof carbon FS complete bike.
Nukeproof Reactor 290 RS Carbon Bike (X01 Eagle) "reduced from $328" :rolleyes:

Not even trying to be credible. I was looking for a hub part, but then found this BS.
I think I'll let wiggle know.