Online retailers trusted/scammers

Flow-Rider

Burner
Anyone used Biggride Australia? Yes I'm impatient but if you're going to have a chat function it shouldn't take 8hrs to respond. Are they in country and legit? They have messed with my weekend plans as the 'in stock' item is now magically 'out of stock' after paying...
It's a registered company, I can't promise you that online site is connected to them but most likely is.

https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=62135839986

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
But didn't you get the last one?
To be clearer...I purchased said item from their webstore that said 'in stock and ready to ship'. 24hrs later I got a message saying it was out of stock and they were hoping to ship the following day. Now getting crickets to my queries on when it is actually shipping.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
They're a legit company, just don't hold much, or any, stock and order from supplier, hoping supplier will drop-ship.

I've bought a bunch of syntace stuff from them a couple of years ago, took ages but the price was good.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I mean, surely they can't be into the fuckwi.... Oh wait... $4300 for a Chinese Carbon Frame... Hang on, hold my beer!

Edit: I know ARC8 is a "swiss" company, but those frames scream of cheap chinese production lines...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Update on Biggride Australia.....still waiting on them/him to ship the order. That's 11 days after purchasing an item that was in stock. Not responsive at all to messages requesting updates. Entering into fuckwit territory.
That's no good mate.

I vaguely remember being a bit sceptical and doing a bit of research before buying my Ripley from them, but the deal was good at the time and I don't remember delays.

Pricing does look pretty whack on some items now.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Update on Biggride Australia.....still waiting on them/him to ship the order. That's 11 days after purchasing an item that was in stock. Not responsive at all to messages requesting updates. Entering into fuckwit territory.
Sounds like it's a side hustle business, there used to be a bloke that sold stuff out of a ken hire place here in south Brisbane years ago, I think he and his wife used to manage it or have something to do with management, I wonder if it's the same bloke? He used to sell a lot of second hand parts, stuff like a bike shop would remove after an upgrade.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I mean, surely they can't be into the fuckwi.... Oh wait... $4300 for a Chinese Carbon Frame... Hang on, hold my beer!

Edit: I know ARC8 is a "swiss" company, but those frames scream of cheap chinese production lines...
All the disadvantages, none of the benefits!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Talk to Consumer Affairs in your state. I have found that it usually gets a response from the business quick smart.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Talk to Consumer Affairs in your state. I have found that it usually gets a response from the business quick smart.
They have at last responded with apologies re comms/stock levels. The price for what I've bought is the best I've found and the weekend has passed so I'm now committed to waiting for the part to land from the US and get 'priority' shipped to me.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
They have at last responded with apologies re comms/stock levels. The price for what I've bought is the best I've found and the weekend has passed so I'm now committed to waiting for the part to land from the US and get 'priority' shipped to me.
Another retailer added to the list of bullshit artists. :rolleyes:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A Tassie mechanic/shop (Silks) has recently discovered that some EX511 rims he had ordered through Bike24 were fakes - not as tough and had a painted finish vs bead blasted+anodised. I had also ordered a 511 through Bike24 (or possibly HiBike, can't recall) that didn't last as long as expected, had a closer look today and yes, it is indeed painted. :oops:

If you have some DT rims ordered through EU stores, perhaps worth having a look.

Edit: I want to stress that i'm just relaying info so that people are aware - certainly not wanting to point blame.

Attachments

Last edited: