Online mattress in a box

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Sleeping duck. No issues with side support and adjustability for each side via inserts. Returns are negated by them working with you to solve whatever the issue is - too firm? Will send out softer inserts? Too soft? will send firmer inserts etc. Though if it comes down to it and you want to return, they can't not take it. It's part of the value prop.

Not cheap though. Looking for 2k for a king-size. As far as matreses go though 2k is fairly reasonable given the adjustability and return options.

If you do buy it, I reccomend complaining Bout firmness to them anyway and getting the inserts sent for free. This way you can adjust/refresh the matress as your preferences change.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Also check the fine print as a lot of the in a box mattresses recommend narrow slat spacing on your bed frame as wide gaps can cause it to sag. Few friends have Koala and rate them, although no longer made in Aus if that matters.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've not read all the posts so it might have been suggested already, but my wife who is very sensitive to mattresses has ordered and LOVES the One Bed mattress. See how you go with that as an option.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Ended up trying a Sleep republic one. Tried to sleep on it tonight for the first time, I’ve given up and retired to the couch as the smell was making me nauseous… And that’s after it spent the last week airing out since it arrived.

Its a toxic almost rotten egg latex smell, completely stunk out the spare room it was in for the week. Was hoping bedding on it would help but no.
Back it goes, try another brand I guess.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Wife and I got more than 60% off a Tempur mattress last eofy.
It's been awesome and not designed to compress into a Matchbox
F'n oath. No way I'd be choosing a mattress that I'd be sleeping on for the next 5+ years without actually lying on it first.

@Haakon - I bought a latex pillow many years ago that had a smell to it. Small back ants literally ate away at it over a fortnight until I took it back. They swapped it out for another one (the same) and never had that smell or ant issue again. Must be some real variability in the natural latex composition / contamination.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
F'n oath. No way I'd be choosing a mattress that I'd be sleeping on for the next 5+ years without actually lying on it first.

@Haakon - I bought a latex pillow many years ago that had a smell to it. Small back ants literally ate away at it over a fortnight until I took it back. They swapped it out for another one (the same) and never had that smell or ant issue again. Must be some real variability in the natural latex composition / contamination.
I think this might actually be the first time ive had a mattress with any latex in it. I've been reading a bit on it and latex being smelly is it seems pretty "normal". I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes. They'll take it back and give a refund, but they dont consider it a fault and wont send me another one to try.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Wife and I got more than 60% off a Tempur mattress last eofy.
It's been awesome and not designed to compress into a Matchbox
I had a test lie on a tempur foam mattress. I did sink into it a bit. kind of "in" it rather than on it. Would consider if on sale.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Don't all ants have small backs? Even the big ones? What is your measuring standard?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think this might actually be the first time ive had a mattress with any latex in it. I've been reading a bit on it and latex being smelly is it seems pretty "normal". I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes. They'll take it back and give a refund, but they dont consider it a fault and wont send me another one to try.
Yuck, I dislike that smell, try to put a fan on it during the day with the windows opened.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
have a sleeping duck ( no wy on mine to change inserts , must be new ) not bad for the $800 i paid, its weird though, you sit on it an d you sink, but lie down and its nice and supportive