Online bike stores.

Hi All, I was looking at getting some new grips. And find the overseas stores are a bit better price wise. What I would like to know how good is the service ?? And which one/ ones to go with and miss. One last thing Looking at SDG Hansolo lock-on grips are these any good or would I look something like ??? as I have form grips on the bike and I don't like the feel . Any help would be a great help to me . Thanks heaps. mtbnit26

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hi All, I was looking at getting some new grips. And find the overseas stores are a bit better price wise. What I would like to know how good is the service ?? And which one/ ones to go with and miss. One last thing Looking at SDG Hansolo lock-on grips are these any good or would I look something like ??? as I have form grips on the bike and I don't like the feel . Any help would be a great help to me . Thanks heaps. mtbnit26
I recently purchased some dmr grips from pushys. They are Australian and offer great service. Their delivery times are currently killing their competitors. The grips are great - lock on securely, feel nice in the hand, and are pretty cheap. Plus come in a range of colours...

What kind of service are you after? Lowest prices? Fast reliable product info? Easy returns? Fast check out and good website? Big range? Speedy delivery? Because there is plenty of stores, each has their own strength/s in service.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
And there the next victim is lured away from the doors of his lbs. addictions begin with that thread....
And rightly so. Visited three local stores in past two days and none had a decent sized bottle of Stans sealant. Biggest was 2oz, around 60ml for nearly $9.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And there the next victim is lured away from the doors of his lbs. addictions begin with that thread....
If the LBS took some lessons from the local pimp/dealer they might come to understand customer service and cultivating loyalty...

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If the LBS took some lessons from the local pimp/dealer they might come to understand customer service and cultivating loyalty...
Couldn't agree more....

My name is trailboy and I am an addict.

I am a user of the interwebs, infact just built a full bike from online purchases. Luckily my local LBS moved with the times and is more a workshop and emergencies place than a traditional LBS. I am one of the lucky ones who lives close to a shop that has evolved and is not stuck in the good old days. I understand my labour bill will be higher but still is well and truly covered in the savings had online.

I am very loyal to my LBS but for labour only and small purchases - the big ones come from one of 10 sites in the above thread.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I think looking online already means you have been lured away from the LBS, if you are already looking online you might as well use a site that other users trust.

I will note that the list there has had many recommendations/submissions that are Australian dealers and sites so you can still shop AU only. The thread is obviously a collection of sites users have used, its not encouraging anyone to buy OS but if they do choose so they have that option at their own discretion.

OP keep in mind when looking at pricing to first double check the price is in AUD and secondly check postage cost, finally if you are buying OS check if the purchase incurs import tax.

Last edited:

Ghostee

Likes Dirt
+1 for pushys.
Prices are generally pretty reasonable and shipping for me is usually next day for me if I order in the A.M.
Thought I would try the whole LBS thing again just yesterday, wanted a new 30T chainring, pretty damn common I would think, but no, no stock, mid next week AND an extra $15; No thanks.
Ordered from Pushys yesterday afternoon and had a tracking number same afternoon with delevery expected tomorrow.
Retail stores are dead unless it is an emergency.

And onto the grip thing, I got a set of ODI Aaron Gwin edition probably 6 weeks ago; at first I wasnt a fan as they are thinner and harder than the originals from my bike but have since grown to love them, they give more 'feel' of what the bike is doing, plus, you know, if they're good eneough for Gwinny...

Thanks for the feedback Guys. Some parts are cheaper overseas. But I will support the local guys in Queensland. Pushys and mountain bikes direct.

Ro100

Squid
All riders should support their LBS.

I use a great LBS in Canberra that will bend over backwards to help their customers; top self service and mechanics that have saved me in the past. I would happily drop a plug here, not sure its allowed though. But that's why I'm happy to pay a few bucks extra to support the local guys. You do have to find a good one though, definitely worth investing a bit of time in.

That being said my favorite upgrade of all time was a pair of Raceface grips and a cheap saddle (Charge Spoon). I can also vouch for Superstar components. I have purchased a couple of things from them in the past. :thumb: