Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

XC_BIKE

Likes Dirt
Might be time to clear out the shed for some dosh to help the young fella pay off his lay-buy bike. They are so bloody expensive these days, you can buy a car or motor cycle for the cost of a decent carbon bike.

Was trying to justify in my head the cost of a SRAM eagle XX1 or XO1 cassette and then thought I could replace 4 decent new tyres for the car with that $600 especially when they do 4 performance tyres for the price of 3.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
People that eat brussel sprouts, nobody should like brussel sprouts
They need to eat Irish Brussel sprouts - boiled until gray, the way my grandmother used to cook them!

Brussel sprouts cooked in this way smell like 1 month old cream and are a nice squishy yellow in the middle. I defy anyone who says they like Brussel sprouts to eat 10 of these.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i’ve got a rant..ran an xc race last sunday when other club pulled out (i swore last yr was my last)

series organiser had no one so i ran it at last minute (he got a job in uk so left 2 wks ago...)

on entry system i just copied last years categories, turns out someone introduced anew category 3h 40+ female, lasy yr all female es were together, young and old..lady could not understand why i didn’t have a medal for her, she told me it let her enter (3hr masters open) & that it was some kind of conspiracy and i lacked transparency, she seemed to think i had a medal when there wasn’t one. she demanded to know when i could fix it, when was the timeline for her to receive her medal..she then gets on the series’s fb & writes 2 long diatribes about how bad i was for not having a category for her, and that it was a conspiracy & transparent NOT

Last edited:

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
People trying to make their point by interrupting others.

Yes they can have their say but ffs leave the other humans out of it...

Climate change, vegans, religious, lbgqtiu whatever you have to say say it in away that in fact implies you might be able to even discuss the issues you have at least somewhat sensibly...

moorey

call me Mia

Climate change, vegans, religious, lbgqtiu whatever you have to say say it in away that in fact implies you might be able to even discuss the issues you have at least somewhat sensibly...
You think people listen or care if it’s not in their faces?
Why do you think teachers take action around exam times? Weekend protests wouldn’t do much.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't

she didn’t want me to do presentations, so that i could right my wrong to her...on a side note the girl who engraved my medals had to go to a funeral & missed a couple of the jnr pairs medals...said sorry to them, the poor kids or their parents didn’t say a bloody word

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m not saying shit doesn’t need to change or that the quo doesn’t need to be interrupted but fuck me please do it in a way that makes sense....

We all whinge when people place traps on our trails as an example but hey they are doing something to make their point and interrupt the status quo....

The way half the minority’s carry on its as if they are the only argument - balance is all I’m asking for... in my old angry rant

moorey

call me Mia
I’m not saying shit doesn’t need to change or that the quo doesn’t need to be interrupted but fuck me please do it in a way that makes sense....

We all whinge when people place traps on our trails as an example but hey they are doing something to make their point and interrupt the status quo....

The way half the minority’s carry on its as if they are the only argument - balance is all I’m asking for... in my old angry rant
How do you propose we get people’s voices heard loud and clear about climate change?
‘We’ sure aren’t listening to what the bonafide experts tell us.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
"Balance" (aka apathy) got us here, sunshine:

Bring on disruption. It's only thing that may turn this ship around.
“Balance” has unfortunately been turned into code for “extremist nutjobs justified in fringe views getting equal billing”...