Ohlins TTX2Air Vs. Cane Creek Double Barrel Kitsuma Air

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Is the it the 0.16mm that is the issue?
I guess so.

But given that the frame mount is 36mm, I'd expect that the shock mount would need to be about 35.9mm. I'm new to these things, though, my assumptions might be for shit.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I guess so.

But given that the frame mount is 36mm, I'd expect that the shock mount would need to be about 35.9mm. I'm new to these things, though, my assumptions might be for shit.
A bit agricultural I know but flat surface with some emery/wet and dry paper to take the 0.16mm off..?

Make sure to use some water or wd40 and move the piece in a figure 8.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
A bit agricultural I know but flat surface with some emery/wet and dry paper to take the 0.16mm off..?

Make sure to use some water or wd40 and move the piece in a figure 8.
Off the frame or the mounting kit on the shock?

I did think of taking it off the frame, but was considering speaking to NSDynamics first to see if they have a preferable solution.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Have you tried fitting it? The little rubber o-rings should compress and hopefully allow it to wiggle in
I have and I couldn't get it in. I tried pressing it in the vice (with soft jaws) to see if I could compress it that last little bit and it didn't work. I'd like to try some vice grips to try and get it in, but I don't have soft-jaw grips or anything similar.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Off the frame or the mounting kit on the shock?

I did think of taking it off the frame, but was considering speaking to NSDynamics first to see if they have a preferable solution.
Mounting kit every time.

EDIT: You are just lapping the ends of the spacers. Try and do it evenly on both spacers to keep the shock as centred as possible. So only take 0.08mm off of each.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxHvnuuZsJP9r_jSuzx5053p9S-diPUsz-

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I have and I couldn't get it in. I tried pressing it in the vice (with soft jaws) to see if I could compress it that last little bit and it didn't work. I'd like to try some vice grips to try and get it in, but I don't have soft-jaw grips or anything similar.
Do you have the spacers off the old shock, swap them over?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can't believe no body has suggested the poor mans lathe. Chuck the spacer bush into a drill and then grab the drill with the vice, tape trigger on go.
Attack the other end with you abrasive of choice. We did this once at a rally service to correct some rose joint misalignment spacers, no lathe in the service van.