OG DMR Trailstar LT 27.5

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Hi all, here is my custom Trailstar LT. I had one years ago which I always regretted selling, so decided to build with modern parts when the opportunity struck. The original was designed around 26" wheels, 27.5" fits just fine. Will post some geometry figures but on face value not a whole lot different, just slightly taller.

Frame - DMR Trailstar LT, powder coated Dulux Dove Grey
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Recon 2021
Handlebars - 3T 700mm
Stem - Thomson Elite X4 50mm
Headset - FSR 1 1/8"
Grips - ODI Lock-ons
Saddle - Bontrager Arvada
Seatpost - Thomson Elite
Front brake - Magura MT4
Rear brake - Magura MT4
Cranks - Shimano XT 170mm, powder coated matt black, w/ Blackspire Mono Veloce
Chain - chain
Pedals - ??
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT 11sp
Rear shifter - Shimano XT 11sp
Cassette - Sun
Front hub - Hope Pro II Evo 10mm bolt up
Rear hub - Hope Pro II Evo 10mm bolt up
Front rim - Race Face AR24 27.5"
Rear rim - Race Face AR24 27.5"
Spokes - DT Comp
Nipples - DT
Tyres - Tubeless, need to upgrade
Total weight

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Nice one. They were the shiz back in the day, and have held up well. I had a sidekick…..wanted a trail star.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Nice one. They were the shiz back in the day, and have held up well. I had a sidekick…..wanted a trail star.
I really like the modest head angle, the frame material is forgiving and it's just a great all round frame. The Sidekick was the more DJ leaning bike right?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I really like the modest head angle, the frame material is forgiving and it's just a great all round frame. The Sidekick was the more DJ leaning bike right?

It was, and 4x/slalom oriented from memory. Mine was just set up as an urban play bike, back when my body could handle a HT.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
It was, and 4x/slalom oriented from memory. Mine was just set up as an urban play bike, back when my body could handle a HT.
Hahaha, yeah I feel ya! I had mine as a struggling student, couldn't afford a front brake and it was a single speed, pretty povo setup. I just remember still being able to keep up with dual susers, which is a testament to the frame really.

moorey

call me Mia
Hahaha, yeah I feel ya! I had mine as a struggling student, couldn't afford a front brake and it was a single speed, pretty povo setup. I just remember still being able to keep up with dual susers, which is a testament to the frame really.

Johnny Dawe used to race one at state and national DH level in HT. He would have won the National overall, but I used to sneak into rego and change the name on his rego form. Sometimes Johnny Dawe raced, sometimes Johnnybot O’Dawe raced. What an arse I was/am/will always be. Good times.

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
My younger cousin used to the Buller downhill trails on his trailstar around 2003. He rode International while I walked it with the rest of my mates. My Aunt was not happy I got him into bike riding...

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Johnny Dawe used to race one at state and national DH level in HT. He would have won the National overall, but I used to sneak into rego and change the name on his rego form. Sometimes Johnny Dawe raced, sometimes Johnnybot O’Dawe raced. What an arse I was/am/will always be. Good times.
Hahaha, that's hilarious! And tampering with official race business too, how dare you

From memory one of the fellas from OG Bike Addiction in Manly Vale raced DH on a rigid setup, he said it, "was all about geometry" bullshit, mostly skill I reckon ha.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
My younger cousin used to the Buller downhill trails on his trailstar around 2003. He rode International while I walked it with the rest of my mates. My Aunt was not happy I got him into bike riding...
Thing of legend these frames!!! Haha