Off-Topic Means Non-MTB, Not Crap

Rik

logged out
No. We have a trading area for bicycle related products only, anything else you want to sell, take it to ebay.

milne

Likes Dirt
Ebay is gay i put stuff up for sale and it didnt sell and there charging me for it.
...RIPJOB...

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
And hey, you know what else you can't do? You can't use sexist, racist or homophobic terms here on farkin... and I'm getting pretty tired of pointing out to supposedly intelligent young people that calling something or someone "gay" as an expression of your negative attitude towards that thing or person is NOT ON!

mtb_4_me

Likes Bikes
I agree with you i think that people do abuse these forums by adding stupid pictures to people that are curious about things other than mtb. I agree with you scott.
thx JAKE :wink:

J

JaRedy

yeah, my bad...I posted some stupid stuff, But then I got suspended from farkin for a while so I learnt my lesson.
But if you get alot of people responding positivley to a totally stupid thread you made does that make it okay?

road_kill_ryan

Likes Bikes
What was the reason of the closing of the threads "funny reasons for detentions" and "funny pics"? i thought they were really funny and was a good read.

thanks anyway
ryan

wombat

Lives in a hole
What was the reason of the closing of the threads "funny reasons for detentions" and "funny pics"? i thought they were really funny and was a good read.

thanks anyway
ryan
There's been numerous attempts at funny pics threads, and they all inevitably end up the same way: people linking to the standard interwebbe joke pics.
It's old, it doesn't contribute anything and it makes the forum look like a dribbling mess.
In short, it's a decent example of the "crap" that Scott mentioned in the beginning of this thread, as is the detention thread.

road_kill_ryan

Likes Bikes
it's a decent example of the "crap" that Scott mentioned in the beginning of this thread, as is the detention thread.
i thought the detention thread was a good place to share your troublesome times that we all had in high school (and keep on having)

yes im sure the "funny pics" thread has been around the block a few times and i understand why you have closed that now. but i think you should leave one funny pics open and make every one post the shit in that one. just a thought.

thanks
ryan

wombat

Lives in a hole
yes im sure the "funny pics" thread has been around the block a few times and i understand why you have closed that now. but i think you should leave one funny pics open and make every one post the shit in that one. just a thought.

thanks
ryan
But why have one thread full of shit pictures when we can have none?

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have mountain biked for a few years but i have just taken up bmx what bike should i get???
what?! Dude, this probably belongs in:
a) BMX
b) parts And stuff
c) general MTB discussion << Maybe!
d) Newbie Central < Maybe, Maybe not

Not in a off post is not for crap post that is a year or so old, Also you'll get more resposes in any of the above with a title thats relavant, and when/if you make a new thread, be much more specific! what you do, size, wants etc.