Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO)

moorey

call me Mia
so what colour is it @moorey ?
(only buying frame/fork and building up)

Long story.
My preference in order was mint, orange, black. (Blackblyrics on orange, orange, otherwise the red)
Felix liked Orange, black, mint.

Couldn’t get a black Lyrik without a few months wait. I liked mint/red, Felix thought orange/red could work (I disagree, but not my bike).
Watched a few videos that were black/red, and both agreed it looked nice. And the black is $200 cheaper....so...

moorey

call me Mia
Sweet! Much better than the other options I thought you were heading towards. Need photos
I wanted to stay with LBS even though I wasn’t sold on the options. They’ve been fantastic to Felix.
When they found out they can’t get stock, and only 29” if they could, @Nerf Herder and @Boom King twisted my arm and set me up to talk to @russthedog. It was a bike I already loved, but hadn’t been in a position to realistically consider. Let’s call it fate.

slowmick

38-39"
An extra plus may be that it is unlikely to change radically year on year.

Am sure Felix will have a ball and do really well on it.

I met Dan Maxwell at the Trans NZ this year - he was on the Rascal. It kinda stood out in sea of Santa Cruz and Yeti. Got talking to him on how he wound up with one and that we were unlikely to see much of them in Oz. He did some testing for Outside Magazine and fell in love them over all of the other bikes on test. He then got talking to the owners of Revel and a deal was done. He's now living the van life with a Rascal and a Rail touring the US riding bikes. (Following along is a nice distraction).

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Check out the component spec on this!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-flowrider-racings-shaun-palmer-inspired-revel-rascal.html

Frame: Revel Rascal L
Shock: EXT Racing Shox Storia LOK V3
Headset: Chris King DropSet
Stem: RevGrips 50 / 31.8 mm, custom color raw
Bar: Phenum / Ceetec C1 DH
Grips: RevGrips Pro Series
Seatpost: Yep Uptimizer 3.0
Dropper Trigger: Paul Components
Seatclamp: Ceetec C1 Carbon
Seat: Ceetec C1 Fiber Cover Soft

Wheels: Revel RW30 Rims, ONYX Classic hubs, Sapim CX-Ray Spokes
Tires: Hutchinson Griffus Racing Lab
Brakes: Braking
Derailleur: Shimano XTR
Shifter: Shimano XTR
Chain: Shimano XTR
Cranks: Ingrid Components CRS-G
BB: Chris King
Cassette: Ingrid 12S 48T10-NIP
Pedals: TIME Speciale 12
Axle: Ceetec C10 Carbon
Valves: Peaty‘s

Plus the Intend fork.

I hope Felix's bike is similarly bespoke...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Well actually it was only the man bun dude, around the 1:20 mark. He's killing my bike boner for the Rascal !
Every other review raves about it.

I wouldn’t let him put you off it. I want one so damn bad haha, they are so clean.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think he was really dissing the Rascal, more just commenting that the suspension design suits the Rail even better.
To my non-technical brain it makes sense that wheel size and squish amount would have an affect on feel and suit one style more than another without making the other one 'bad'.
Their talk/writeup here is pretty complimentary https://www.bikemag.com/2019-bible-tucson/revel-rascal-xx1-eagle-enve-kit-8700/
Manbun seems to want put every bike into a category, and gets a bit confused when they cross between them

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It's a beautiful looking bike.....but that one doing the rounds in Shaun Palmer kit makes my eyes water. I seem to be the only one though.
I appreciate the effort they put into it, but it’s too Ronald McDonald for me.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Manbun seems to want put every bike into a category, and gets a bit confused when they cross between them
Watched it again, the other two didn't buy into that angle.
One would surely expect the Canfield Bros would have tuned the kinematics to perfectly suit the Rascal though, not just copy and paste from the Rail

moorey

call me Mia
Received Felix’s frame and fork today. Absolutely gorgeous. Penguin was originally a compromise, and I’m not usually into black bikes, but it absolutely glows. Felix did most of the build. I hurriedly built up wheels with spokes from my wheels as my spoke order hasn’t arrived.
Should finish it in the morn, and get some nice pics, just in time for the rain to hit. Thanks a ton @russthedog and @Nerf Herder. Felix is beyond stoked.