Obscore/Rare/Dream DH Bikes ?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Loving these lines, and the detail in the tube forming.

Or the carbon lahar for pure ugly. But intriguing none the less.

About this bike: Carbon fiber downhill bike, made in New Zealand, with a Rohloff 14 speed gear box. Integrated sealed bearing headset, and BB. Floating Brake, and chain output near pivot means it’s totally active rear when pedaling or braking. Gears can be changed when pedaling, back pedaling or without pedaling. Multiple gear changes in one shift. Probably the lightest rear end (swingarm+wheel) of any downhill bike ever. This means the back just whips around and pendulums around the low center of gravity of the shock and gearbox. Less than 20 ever made. JNR Worlds won on one. This bike is under 40lbs.

Brooklyn

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I posted that already. :p

So im going to raise you something special. This is mk1, Mk2 changes linkage style and gets some VERY clean CNC work. He is also making some nice clean stems, both normal and direct mount. He doesnt speak english however, only Czech.

79335full.jpg

Oh, and a concept drawing based off the above. ;)

Last edited:

timpon666

Squid
hi zoot anyone?

don't forget the "hi zoot" i'm dirty i threw out all my 90's amb, mba and the pommy mag that i cant think of the name of mags. where is the amp bike? the manitou bike? why isn't it cool to have anodised purple everything anymore? damn i miss the 90's

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Function are a great company.. mainly for there Fork crown/steerer kits.
Actually thats my old red 223 at the top of the page haha

timpon666

Squid
the good ole days....

This one?

How hot was it when it first started hitting races?
i remember seeing the manitou 2 version of this everyday going to school in the early 90's. there was a guy up the blue mountains with one. i couldn't get my head around the fact it had rear suspension and that someone could afford it. Amazing!

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Id do just about anything to have a nice Manitou frame. I also dreamed many a time of these when i was growing up.

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
There was one of these in the for sale section not that long ago (frame only)