Nup to the Cup

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Here's the future where we save the horses:

Not a white horse in sight, so most of the minorities are covered too. We just need a rainbow coloured one.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Your rose coloured glasses are very special. No real injuries. Fuck right off.
Perhaps you need to put the glasses on. That comment was talking about the whip.

Should we be allowed to Cary semi automatic fire arms on horse back?
Only If I can wear a cowboy hat with a white suit and boots with spurs on them.

Yep that’s basically the problem with the industry in a nutshell.
what is? I guess when an animal smashes its leg or something you people would rather watch it roll around on the ground instead of getting it put out fast.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Perhaps you need to put the glasses on. That comment was talking about the whip.

Only If I can wear a cowboy hat with a white suit and boots with spurs on them.

what is? I guess when an animal smashes its leg or something you people would rather watch it roll around on the ground instead of getting it put out fast.

Only if the pants are arseless.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ahh yes, it's that time of the year when the once yearly animal rights activist comeout and pretend they're an expert on a sport.
Spot! Fuck off, there's nothing sporting about the alleged intelligent species of humans using a horse for them to make money. I could go on all day about how much I hate that industry and 100% of it is people related. Greed, dishonesty, extreme elitism, massive wankery etc etc. Gambling is the problem though, take that element away from it and it'd shut down for sure (as would all top level sport). I have to sit through some of the shit talking from gamblers at my work who talk like they know anything about how that big beautiful horse works and it drives me fucking nuts, they don't care for the animal yet they talk about it like it's their family pet. They then boast about getting a hot tip[ and when the thing loses a "race", they call it dogshit and move on to the next bandwagon horse. Wankers, absolute wankers.
You show me where the gambling community has seen a horse go down then had it in them to all chip in and have that animal cared for so it can live happily ever after and I'll be surprised enough to skip my choccy biscuits at smoko.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Spot! Fuck off, there's nothing sporting about the alleged intelligent species of humans using a horse for them to make money. I could go on all day about how much I hate that industry and 100% of it is people related. Greed, dishonesty, extreme elitism, massive wankery etc etc. Gambling is the problem though, take that element away from it and it'd shut down for sure (as would all top level sport). I have to sit through some of the shit talking from gamblers at my work who talk like they know anything about how that big beautiful horse works and it drives me fucking nuts, they don't care for the animal yet they talk about it like it's their family pet. They then boast about getting a hot tip[ and when the thing loses a "race", they call it dogshit and move on to the next bandwagon horse. Wankers, absolute wankers.
You show me where the gambling community has seen a horse go down then had it in them to all chip in and have that animal cared for so it can live happily ever after and I'll be surprised enough to skip my choccy biscuits at smoko.
You know there's one easy solution to your ailment. Don't acknowledge the sport exist and just ignore it. Horse racing isn't going anywhere, it supports roughly 70,000 jobs in the Australian economy and adds roughly 6.3 billion dollars to the economy.

How would you create 70,000 jobs overnight that supports A LOT of low skilled work? Any halfwit can pick up a fork and shovel shit for 6 days a week for 4 hours and end up earning 500 ish a week for something that requires basically no training.

I ignore sports I don't like and won't constantly harp on about how football/NRL tends to promote bogans and just as stupid behaviour.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
How would you create 70,000 jobs overnight that supports A LOT of low skilled work? Any halfwit can pick up a fork and shovel shit for 6 days a week for 4 hours and end up earning 500 ish a week for something that requires basically no training.
:D:D:D:D:D I'll give you that, good call. ;)

nathanm

Eats Squid
You know there's one easy solution to your ailment. Don't acknowledge the sport exist and just ignore it. Horse racing isn't going anywhere, it supports roughly 70,000 jobs in the Australian economy and adds roughly 6.3 billion dollars to the economy.

I ignore sports I don't like and won't constantly harp on about how football/NRL tends to promote bogans and just as stupid behaviour.
Therein lies the problem. The racing industry employs 70 000 jobs (so you say) with a LOT of them low skilled. The whole industry is tailored to a very low number of people making a very large amount of money. Without the racing industry this low number of people would need to find a new way of making a whole lot of money. Perhaps they would instead create companies that employed a large number of people, that would be able to build their skills and earn a better wage in an industry that does not rely on the mistreatment of animals.

The 6.3 billion dollars the industry creates by taking billions of dollars out of workers paychecks and redirecting it to that waterhouse bloke so he can get ever richer, could then be spent into the greater economy. industry such as retail that struggles could become profitable again and workers wage could increase.

the logic of your quotation is flawed and time and time again industries based around gambling have been shown to have both a negative social and economic cost.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I'd suggest you would struggle to shovel shit with a fork. You might be able to fork it, but you won't be shovelling it. Just saying it seems really obvious that a shovel is for shovelling...

Fuck I'm sick of people using current jobs vs creating new jobs as an argument for perpetuating out of date industries. Ease up there there cousin riding cowboy this beef is much bigger than who is spanking a horse. Too often the conservative agenda of destroying the planet over progressive thought is rallied around this idiodic position. How many people on this forum knew a Web designer when they were a kid? Or an IT security analyst? What about a drone operator? Or a self check out gate keeper? Who was dropping in to see their apple expert at the apple shop? New jobs will come along, all the more faster if we actually swing our energy into shutting down bull shit industries and on to creating sustainable new ones.

The more important question for all here is won't somebody please think of the jelly???!!!!???

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
One good thing to come of all this is that I now know the collective nouns for parrots.

They can be a pandemonium of parrots, a company of parrots...

And most aptly for this context, a prattle of parrots.